ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Movies at Hua Hin Cinema

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Re: Movies at Hua Hin Cinema

Post by HHCanuck »

Gregjam wrote:Got taken to see Pee Mak yesterday. My Thai is not too bad and as it caters to local tastes chances were it would be easy to follow (I always say the average lakorn on channel 7 makes Eastenders a difficult story to follow). I saw one other farang there and thought that at least I would not be the only one suffering. Totally surprised that the film had English subtitles and not having any great expectations it was not too painful an experience.
My last visit to the cinema here was way back when it was in the building that no longer exists near between Kasikorn Bank and the traffic lights on Phetkasem (looks like a hotel there now). Very relieved that the seats were comfortable and despite my familys expectations the air con was set just right (not too cold).
No doubt some more visits will happen but I won't be here to catch F&F6 which looks good.
I enjoyed Pee Mak, wish all Thai movies had English subtitles.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

THERE ARE STILL NO ENGLISH SOUNDTRACK MOVIES SHOWING AT HUA HIN CINEMA
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

ANOTHER 2 WEEKS, AND THERE ARE STILL NO ENGLISH SOUNDTRACK MOVIES SHOWING AT HUA HIN CINEMA :cuss:

Points 41; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

BB Who do the cinema and probably the whole of MV target in customer terms?

Hi-So Thais

Farang whether resident or visitors count for nowt especially in low season
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The Hi-So Thais tend to turn up at weekends only, and are coming from an area with much better cinemas. I've rarely seen a cinema sitting with an audience more than 2 dozen. Therefore it would make sense to have at least one showing of each 'Western' movie using original soundtrack each week - there is a market out there that could sustain limited original soundtrack showings.

OK, this is Thailand, so common sense does not come into it.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It makes you think that there must be a deliberate policy to discriminate against the English speaking population of HH. It surely must be apparent to the management of the cinema that there is a sizeable expat population in HH who would be willing to view English language films on a regular basis. For the small cost of an advert, they could become a sponsor of the forum and advertise films that are available and attract more than enough numbers to cover their costs 10 times over. It wouldnt even need to be a 7 day a week facility - if residents knew that English language films were shown every (Monday and Wednesday for example) they would leave a space in their diary. Maybe they don't even know that the forum exists and need a word in their ear?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't think they care about advertising.

Every showing I've been to advertises forthcoming movies, and the soundtrack is English. I make a mental note that I must watch it, only for it to be dubbed in Thai :?

Thank God for Piratebay :D

Points 41; Position 18
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

http://www.majorcineplex.com/en/contact/

This is a link to contact the main office. I have sent them an email about english soundtrack movies. Maybe if everyone interested in having English soundtrack movies played in Hua Hin again sends them an email, perhaps we can start to get things changed here. I know this is Thailand but it can't hurt to try.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Been there, tried it, ignored several times. Total lack of interest. I'm afraid I've lost the will to live trying to contact these guys. It sort of justifies illegal downloading.

I'd prefer to watch movies at the cinema, but it takes 2 to tango. Hua Hin Cinema doesn't want to dance :banghead:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Arlo wrote:http://www.majorcineplex.com/en/contact/

This is a link to contact the main office. I have sent them an email about english soundtrack movies. Maybe if everyone interested in having English soundtrack movies played in Hua Hin again sends them an email, perhaps we can start to get things changed here. I know this is Thailand but it can't hurt to try.
I've just sent them an email - but going by what BB said I won't be surprised if they don't answer, but if they do I'll share it on the forum
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's the new Superman movie next Thursday - let's hope your e-mail has some effect :D

Points 41; Position 18
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

I just sent a long winded complaining falang message and then realised it will be sent to the BKK headquarters... I made no mention of Hua Hin.... Oooooops
falang mai mee samong.
GN.
Last edited by Ginjaninja on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ginjaninja wrote:I just sent a long winded complaining falang message and then released it will be sent to the BKK headquarters... I made no mention of Hua Hin.... Oooooops
falang mai mee samong.
GN.
Not sure that I mentioned it being HH specific either?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:idea: Send them again, but mention Hua Hin this time

Points 41; Position 18
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Resend when you find time. The more emails the better.