Hua Hin Jazz Festival 2015

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Jazz Festival 2015

Post by Big Boy »

Did anybody go? I couldn't make it in the end. How was it? Any photos?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

I went last night. For the purists it would have been Jazz Lite but the bands were excellent. Really good musicians on show. Food and drinks on offer were very good and reasonably priced. The crowd seemed to a good mix of Farang and Thai. The only negative was the compare who shrieked on far too long resulting in a slow handclap from a section of the audience . However a good night. The tickets were well worth the 300 Baht.
MrAngrit
Novice
Novice

Post by MrAngrit »

Totally agree, Dundrillin. Some great musicians there. Not quite a festival, but a fine concert all the same. But someone has to tell the organisers and compere that music festivals are about the MUSIC. Stopping the music for half an hour or more while politicos get up on stage to namecheck the sponsors and clap themselves on the back for AT LAST managing to organize a P-up in a brewery kills any atmosphere stone dead.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

And totally unacceptable when there's an entrance fee. I went a couple of years ago when it was free, and the "interviews" with the bands were cringeworthy. It pretty much went like this..

MC: So what do you guys love most about Thailand
Band: Well we only just got here a few hours ago
MC: But what do are you looking forward to most about your stay here in our country
Band: Uhh we're flying to (I forget which country) tomorrow for another show
MC: But since you've been here, what do you love the most?
Band: Uhh... the people
(MC cheers and hoos)

Not to mention the poor group who didn't even speak any English.

Like I say, you can't really complain when entry is free (well.... I did anyway.... check last year's thread :naughty: ) but I'd be extremely annoyed if I'd paid 300bt to witness that.