World Tennis - Hua Hin Thailand Championship 2016

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
cedricloi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: World Tennis - Hua Hin Thailand Championship 2016

Post by cedricloi »

I was there yesterday and it was pretty good. I liked the fact that you could sit so close to the players. In any normal tournaments, you'd have to pay triple the price to sit in first row to see top 10 players.

I'd say it was about 80% full, some empty seats here and there but mainly full. (mainly thai spectators) I also went to the Challenger tournament 1 month ago and I was pretty much the only spectator there. It was 99% empty, so in comparison, this tournament is a success. It's amazingly well organized and the grounds are stunning. This new sports club is a state of the art facility, absolutely amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

The only area where they are lacking is marketing... No answer to phone number provided, no tickets to sell before only a few days before the event, no information whatsoever about what time the games start at, they have a Facebook page with no update on it, they have a website with no update on it, yet it was almost sold out... I guess that's just the thai way of doing things.

The level of play was pretty good, not the best since this is only an exhibition, players don't care at all about wining an exhibition, but still pretty good.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: World Tennis - Hua Hin Thailand Championship 2016

Post by oakdale160 »

When working inThai I noticed a d]ifference from western methods. You have a meeting to organise something and at the end the chair says--Ok, You do this and to the next person-- You do that. etc and I want it all done by the 20th of the month, no excuses. In Thaii everybody is supposed to do everything with the effect that nobody does anything.