Hua Hin City Youth Academy.

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin City Youth Academy.

Post by Big Boy »

League tables after this week's matches.

u.13s are in a very respectable 3rd place with just 3 games remaining. Of course it's still mathematically possible, but unlikely.

u.15s, despite playing some entertaining football are in 6th place with 4 games to go. They are, unfortunately, too far off the pace to do anything this season.
Table.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Looking at the above tables, u.13s have 1 home game remaining, and the u.15 have 4 more home games.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think, but of course can't be sure due to having to rely on translation tools that the u.13s drew 2-2 away to Muang Thong today. Muang Thong are the team in 2nd place in the last league published.

So 4 points out of 6 against the 2nd placed team in the last 4 days is pretty good.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

2 Fixtures at Khao Takiab tomorrow 10 Dec 16.

10:00 u.15s at home to Samut Sakhon

14:00 u.13s at home to IPE Samut Sakhon

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City u.15s 1 - 1 Samut Sakhon u.15s

What do they say about only mad fools and Englishmen? Well you can add youth soccer teams to that as well. I've never seen 2 football teams with such short shadows.

Well, despite not being happy in the (not so) grand stand last week, I actually returned hoping to steal a little shade from the inadequate roof. To benefit from shade, about 40% of the pitch was obscured, but I am English. Thais were calling me stupid as they walked past me, but I'd gone to watch a football match. If I'd wanted shade, I could have stayed in bed.

The ground has had all trace of being the home of Hua Hin City removed apart from the corner flags - obviously in preparation for Monday's event. The (no so) grandstand has been designated the VIP area, and plastic seats have been placed all over the terracing - still can't see everything though. I actually hope one of the VIPs is actually a football supporter, and has enough clout to do something about this excuse for a grand stand.

Anyway I digress. This match was very hard fought, and despite Hua Hin leading for most of the match, Samut Sakhon were bar far the better side. I would say they were robbed apart from the fact they were one of the dirtiest sides I've ever seen, and the ref (who people were praising last week), was an absolute arse. He had no control of the filthy tactics, and it was no wonder several scraps developed, with both sides losing a player. The worse thing I saw waved on was a shoulder charge into the spine of one of the Hua Hin players. Strangely enough, the most biased refereeing I saw in a senior match last season was against Samut Sakhon.

It was definitely a hard earned point by Hua Hin. I just hope we don't get the same ref for the 2pm kick off later today.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City u.13s 1 - 1 IPE Samut Sakhon u.13s

The second helping of football in the same day :D . The same ref was on duty, but thankfully he was relegated to linesman. I've seen him many times, and this morning's match was out of character for his 11 a-side officiating.

The IPE team had a couple of man mountains in their side.

The match kicked off, and it soon became clear that Hua Hin were by far the better footballing side, and I would guess man for man, they had a yard on each of their opponents. I settled down expecting a cricket score in Hua Hin's favour. Unfortunately, Hua Hin weren't playing their regular keeper. The replacement, although vertically challenged was a great shot stopper, and very brave at times. Unfortunately, right on half time, an IPE player lobbed the ball, and our keeper's lack of inches left the poor lad stranded. 1 - 0 at the half way point was not on my script.

The second half became scrappy as Hua Hin tried in vain to get back on terms, but this constant attacking left our brave little keeper alone quite a bit, and he did well to prevent a second several times.

Our No.7 grabbed an equaliser 5 minutes from time after an excellent pass from No.10.

A complete opposite to this morning's game, with the better side struggling to get back into the game,

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

More football stupidity this weekend. After watching the kids suffer under the midday sun last week, we have kick off times of 10:00, 12:00 and 14:00 this week.

On 16 Dec'16 at 12:00 the u.15s are at home to Ratchapreuk

On 17 Dec'16 at 10:00 the u.15s are at home to Nonthaburi

On 17 Dec'16 at 14:00 the u.13s are away to Petchaburi

NB the next game is in about 90 minutes time. :dance:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City u.15s 0 - 0 Thonburi u.15s

Yes guys, I thought I was going to watch Ratchapreuk, but as the opposition had Thonburi on their shirts, I'm guessing today's opposition was Thonburi or Thonburi City :oops:

OMG, it was like watching a game in the UK - drizzle, windy and very cold (21C). It was very uncomfortable. I'd taken the precaution of a long sleeved shirt, but still wore shorts. The (not so) grand stand provided absolutely no protection. Mrs BB actually hibernated inside the greenhouse.

Hua Hin were by far the better side. Unfortunately, I think our No.9 (who is fast and has a lot of skill) needs to go to SpecSavers. FFS, how big do they need to make that goal for him? His only shot on target was from midway inside the opposition's half. Unfortunately, the keeper made a brilliant diving save to his left to keep the ball out of the net. Unfortunately, the keeper was also midway inside the opposition's half, and found himself red carded as a result.

A special mention to No.s 2 and 8 today, who teamed up brilliantly together to cause the opposition a lot of problems,

Many, many times we saw brilliant searching balls into the Thonburi penalty area, but all too often there was no Hua Hin player on hand to receive it. Definitely 2 points lost.

The u.15s play their last game of the season tomorrow - 10:00 Kick off.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:rant:
Last season following the first team around Thailand, my biggest gripe was the lack of information regarding where the team were playing. As a Plymouth Argyle supporter, crap football doesn't bother me too much.

Coincidentally, I have to drop my eldest granddaughter to Petchaburi tomorrow afternoon. The u.13s are playing their last game against Petchaburi.

Brilliant I think, watch the u.15s at Khao Takiab, drop my granddaughter off at Petchaburi, then watch the u.13s before coming home.

My assumption was that the kids would be playing at the stadium where first team used to play. Of course, it couldn't be that easy. On the fixture list it says the match is being played at สนามเทษบาลหัวสพาน. We looked it up and there is no football pitch there.

OK, my wife asked around at today's game. Nobody had a clue.

When we got home, she phoned the head coach. Somewhere near Petchaburi was the best he could offer.

My daughter messed around on the Internet for about an hour, and came up with สนามกีฬาเทษบาลตำบลหัวสะพาน. From this, I've identified the possible pitch in the photo. Unless any of you guys can advise differently, that's where we'll try tomorrow. At least I have to be in the area.
pitch.jpg
What gets me mad is that surely, somebody at the club must know where they're going. Somebody has to get the team there, so how are they going to do it? Petchaburi Province is huge, and if nobody knows where to go, how do they manage?

I'm surprised sometimes that the team can find its way from the dressing room to the pitch.

Seriously, what is the big secret guys? Its a game of kids football. Football is a spectator sport, although the way this weekend's matches have been publicised by the club, you wouldn't believe it.
:rant:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

What gets me mad is that surely, somebody at the club must know where they're going. Somebody has to get the team there, so how are they going to do it?
Don't fret too much Big Boy, the Government has the same problem! :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

C'mon Nereus, Government business is nowhere near as important as the beautiful game. :wink:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:cuss: Hua Hin City u.15s ? - ? Nonthaburi u.15s :cuss:

Well, what can I say? The Hua Hin City communication network has been in action action again.

Firstly, this week's fixtures were not announced by the club.

Secondly, nobody knows where the u'13s are playing this week. Actually, my trip to Petchaburi has been put off until next week, so I wouldn't have gone anyway.

Finally, we arrived at the ground for this morning's match to find it deserted. We eventually found a member of ground staff, who basically said that Nonthaburi couldn't be arsed to turn up today. OK, not Hua Hin City's fauld, but why not tell supporters?

Hua Hin City have at least 2 relevant websites where they could have posted this information, but I've never known an organisation where knowledge is deemed all powerful, and information is rarely shared. Look at the most successful football clubs in the world - they rely on their fans for their success. Maybe this explains why Hua Hin City are languishing in Thai League 4, and apparently struggling for cash.

The u.15s may get 3 points today, but have definitely scored another couple of own goals.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been told the u.13s won their final match of the season 8 - 1 at Petchaburi. Well done guys, especially for finding the opposition's ground.

I will post final league placings as soon as I find them.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The final league tables for our teams first season in National Youth League Football.

Congratulations to the u.13s who finished a very honorable 3rd.

The u'15s finished a respectful 6th, managing to score 14 more goals than they conceded.

It has been great fun watching both teams give 100% effort, week in, week out.
final_league.jpg
final_league.jpg (66.27 KiB) Viewed 2750 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

And I thought the 2016 season was over :oops:

I've just heard that finishing in 3rd place gets the u.13s a play-off chance to get into the National Finals. :dance: :dance:

Hua Hin City u.13s vs Pattaya Utd u.13s

Sunday 15th January at 16:00hrs. Venue Takiab Stadium.

Points 41; Position 18