Hua Hin City 2017

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City 2017

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

poster.jpg
poster.jpg (61.16 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 1 - 1 Hua Hin City u.19s

This was never going to be as easy as it might have sounded. The u.19s have some talented players.

Since yesterday, the Hua Hin squad of players had been reduced by about 1/3, so 2 x 45 minute halves, with the seniors fielding a different team in both halves. The only constant was a BIG centre forward from Ghana who played for about 60 minutes. I think he did more in 60 minutes than the entre Hua Hin strike force did all season - I was impressed anyway.

The u.19s keeper played out of his skin, saving what on another day would have been dead cert goals.

The seniors went into the break 1 goal ahead after the new centre-forward was poleaxed in the penalty area. He converted it himself.

The disturbing part was the second half, with a new senior team on the pitch. The u.19s looked the stronger side, and confirmed it when they grabbed an equaliser.

I'm still not too concerned, between the 2 teams, I could still see a side that could challenge in t4. This is a team in transition, and there's still 2 weeks before a ball needs to be kicked in anger.

Next game is this coming Tuesday against the local Scandanavian side, Hua Hin Vikings.
vikings_cover.jpg
vikings_cover.jpg (104.56 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

A few highlights from yesterday's friendly:

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 6 - 0 Hua Hin Vikings

A very one sided game, but it was always going to be - this was a professional football club versus a pub side.. I must admit that when I arrived at True Arena, and saw the age/physique (pot calling the kettle :oops) of the Vikings side I thought why did I bother coming? However, the Vikings rose to the occasion, and whilst I don't think they created a single chance, they didn't make things easy for Hua Hin either. The Vikings’ keeper played out of his skin.

Hua Hin, who are still going through a massive transformation actually looked like a football team today, with some very pretty football being played. Of particular note was our French midfield general, Dorian. His ball distribution was excellent. Also, our Ghanaian centre-forward was making a proper nuisance of himself.

There were still trialists playing for Hua Hin today, so an excellent performance all around.

I likened the game to England vs San Marino. On paper, England should always win by a bucket load, but in reality, there are rarely the amount of goals that you expect. At least Vikings didn't park the bus - they played football, which was commendable, and made the event entertaining.

Vikings were not disgraced against a strong Hua Hin side – a big well done to them. An enjoyable afternoon. Thanks guys.

Points 41; Position 18
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

sam.jpg
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Should be a good game. First opportunity to see the new squad playing together after so many players had to return to their university studies.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 0 - 4 Samut Sakhon

After last week's excellent showing against the mighty Hua Hin Vikings, it is back to Earth with an almighty bump this week. However, it should be noted that Samut Sakhon have built a t1 team in waiting, with their 3 Brazilians, 3 Koreans etc. They have won 14 of their 15 league matches so far this season. The Hua Hin management should be congratulated for securing a friendly against such good opposition.

Surprisingly, 2 of Hua Hin's 1st leg players have been head hunted for this high flying opposition. Both Panupong and Aekkaphon were making an early return to Hua Hin.

Hua Hin started with some key players in some very unusual positions, and their movement around the arena was quite stifled compared to their last match. Hopefully, this was just an experiment, and normality will resume on Saturday.

Samut Sakhon were superb, and very fast on the counter. There is no wonder they have been so successful this season. Again, I hope the Hua Hin management were taking notes. There was a lot to learn from the opposition.

You can never tell too much from a friendly match, and I am still convinced that when we field our best 11, we will be too strong for the other opposition in our league. My one worry is still the striker position - we have a powerful centre-forward in the Ghanaian, Daniel (I think that's his name), but we still need somebody to help him out. Daniel is by far the best striker we've had since the Marques twins, but I think we need just that little bit more.

Only 5 days to leg 2 - excitement is building. Hua Hin need to beat Nonthaburi by 3 goals to secure a 3rd match home tie. 2 - 0 will see the 3rd game venue decided by a penalty shoot out (I've not seen this in writing, but it is MY understanding). So there could be added excitement at the end of the match.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

was out fishing so didnt see the lata notice,saw it when I came home.
is the next game a cup game or what is that with a 3 game ?

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, we haven't entered any cups this season.

Because the Thai FA failed to live up to their promise of 16 teams in each league, they devised a compromise. Play each team home and away. The venue for the 3rd fixture will be determined by the aggregate score from the first 2 games. So the likes of Suphanburi are likely to play their last 9 games at home, while Pathum Thani are likely to play their last 9 games away from home - bonkers in my opinion. However, that is MY interpretation of how it will work. TIT

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Thanks for the explanation,sounds strange but TIT so never knows what genius idea thyget.

HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

New strip for the 2nd leg of the season. New owners, new kit and new sponsors.
Home
Home
Away
Away
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

Fixture.jpg
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 0 - 1 Nonthaburi

A very disappointing result after a lot of work has happened behind the scenes. However, Hua Hin City played very well, and were basically stopped by a very big central defender and a goalkeeper, who was in excellent form.

Hua Hin have been building a team, which will work on a huge target man, with a few nippy players running around in support. Unfortunately, that huge target man does not arrive until next week. Ali G had to play that role yesterday, and he was up against the proverbial brick outhouse - a bit of a mis-match in physical terms. Ali G didn't play badly, but the brick outhouse was exceptional.

It was probably the best football I've seen Hua Hin play for over 2 years, with mifdield general Dorian controlling the centre of the park, and showing elements of brilliance with some of his quick thinking/ball distribution. We were strong on both wings, but without our huge target man, we kept losing the initiative.

Nonthaburi's goal, midway through the first half was a disaster. Hua Hin players out of position/ball watching and a goalkeeper totally out of position.

Once they'd taken the lead, Nonthaburi became 'Gamesmanship Central'. They started dropping like flies, disrupting the flow of play. Of course, Thai football being light years behind the rest of the world, if a player lays down, the ball is put out of play. Nonthaburi used this tactic to huge advantage - it spoilt the entertainment, and Yellow Cards were shown. Nonthaburi weren't worried, their gamesmanship was rewarded with 3 points.

So, we're still languishing near the bottom of the table, but 11 points clear of relegation.
Gameweek_15_1.jpg
Gameweek_15_1.jpg (59.76 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Next game is a 6 pointer when we take on local rivals IPE Samut Sakhon at the IPE Samut Sakhon Stadium next Saturday.
IPE_Samut_Sakhon_Cover.jpg
IPE_Samut_Sakhon_Cover.jpg (118.37 KiB) Viewed 404 times
We should not be down after this result. We are playing good football, and the results will start coming in.

Points 41; Position 18
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

Videos from yesterday:

bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I'm sorry to say it but I miss the old stadium in Pranburi,better field,stands in the shadow, toilets near the stand and better atmosphere. :oops:
Now people sit scattered on both sides of the field and you have the sun directly in your face,wife have to walk long way to the toilets she say :banghead:
The refs still sucks,why do he allows their goalkeeper to waste time like he did,from the minute they scored :cuss:
The field is so uneven you should play long ball up,its not fair to the player,that they have to do all those passes,if you can not get enough speed on the passes,its to easy to defend as we saw yesterday,even if thy didn't have a good goalkeeper and their no.27 who was brilliant. :rant:
I'm not sure if we can make it next saturday ,since were chekking out of our hotel in Bang Saphan same day ,so will see how tired we are and how the traffic is.