Hua Hin City 2018

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin City 2018

Post by Big Boy »

There is nothing official, but knowing the manager's communication skills and the fact he considers the team his own little play thing, that is not surprising.

My grapevine (very reliable) tells me that there is a friendly game today at 4pm vs a Police 11. Venue is Takiab Stadium, and admission will be free.

I can't get over this philosophy - I remember when football was a spectator sport. This is the same manager who was sending away supporters to the wrong venues 2 seasons ago.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

You should take the hint from their attitude towards their foreign players - foreign spectators are probably not welcome there either! :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 4 - 0 Police 11

Not the most thrilling game to watch, in fact nobody really shone for Hua Hin who were without Maraba and Arnon. Songkran was playing for the Police 11. In my opinion, the only player who played well today was Songkran.

Panthakant scored the only goal of a dour first half in which poor couldn't buy a goal. A few goalbound efforts that on another day would have scored were well stopped.

The most bizarre moment of the first half was when Nicolas had a penalty blocked by the keeper. He latched onto the re-bound and blasted it goalward, only to see it blocked again by the Police keeper. Megitt latched on to yet another rebound, and struck the post with his effort.

Megitt, who appeared to have picked up a groin strain was replaced at half time, and this made a big difference to the way Hua Hin played.

Shortly after the restart, Chatchai played a lovely ball to Nicolas, who gifted Aphisit with the easiest goal he will ever score. Nicolas's pass was precision.

Nicolas then, at last grabbed one for himself with a header from close range.

I'm not 100% sure who scored the 4th, but I think it was a brace for Aphisit, who accepted another gift after a perfect Panudach cross.

I'm not sure what our coach learnt from today in preparation for Wednesday's game. Nobody played well, several played badly. The one thing that is sure, I doubt the coach would pick the same starting 11 as me. My choice is normally closer to his finishing 11, when he's trying to save the game.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 0 – 3 Sisaket

Toyota League Cup football had come to Takiab Stadium again, and this was the furthest Hua Hin City had ever progressed in the competition. Today’s opposition were by far the best football team Hua Hin City had ever faced in a competitive match. The stage was set for a cracking game of football.

Hua Hin City had failed to capitalize on what should have been a bumper box office event, and unfortunately the crowd was pretty average.

Maraba was still injured, and the club had been struck down by a usual post Songkran fever. This was a virulent fever, which really drained the life out of players. How many affected players were on the pitch, I don’t know, but a few played well below par on the day.

Krit started between the sticks. I am not a fan of any of our keepers, but he was having a fantastic game before he was carried off on a stretcher. Of note, he made a fantastic double save in a one on one situation followed in quick succession with a masterful dive at full stretch to his left to prevent another goal bound shot.

In defence, we had twin central generals Songkran and Win in the middle. Zola at left back played one of his best games yet, and was in action a lot. He didn’t wander off in search of glory as is his usual trait. Our captain, Jiradech had a lot of involvement, but with little success. At one stage he took his frustrations out on one of his team mates, which was not very professional. This fit of anger must have delighted the opposition, because they had openly seen a weak link in the armour.

In midfield, Tossapon was well off his game – he is one of my favourites, so I can only put it down to fever. Panudach was sprightly on his feet, but the Sisaket experience often thwarted him. Samy was all over the field, but also his efforts were often thwarted. Nattawut has so much potential, but gets excited if he gets the ball within 40 yards of goal. He has this unstoppable urge to shoot, but I’ve never seen him get a shot on target yet. He lets his team mates, who are in much better positions down every time.

Nicolas was very strong against the better opposition. Several times he rode 2 or 3 bone crunching tackles and came away with the ball. Unfortunately, he never had any support. The one occasion he did have support, he mis-kicked what should have been a defence splitting pass to Panudach. However, for me, he was our strongest player on the pitch today. Feli was playing just behind Nicolas. Between them, they were creating multiple problems for the Sisaket defence. It was probably quite a relief when Hua Hin replaced Feli early on. The only logical reason could have been to dampen his confidence.

Sisaket always looked the stronger team, and on average must have been 6” taller than their lower league hosts. Krit prevented several certain goals, before Sisaket eventually made the breakthrough.

A goal down, Hua Hin management made their first big mistake. Feli was replaced by Arnon. Feli was by no means Hua Hin’s best player, but he was making a menace of himself. Yes, bring Arnon on, but there were 3 very ineffective Hua Hin players (fever victims)on that pitch throughout the 90 minutes. Arnon should have replaced one of those, and left our only big man up front. Had Hua Hin’s ball crossing been up to standard, maybe Feli or Arnon could have got a head to the ball, but as it was, the ball was either straight to the keeper, or our players would have needed springs on their boots. Many free kicks were very poor as well.

The next unfortunate incident was poor Krit getting injured. He was replaced by Natchapon, who is a great shot stopper, but lacks a few inches.

The final nail in the coffin was Nicolas being substituted. 2 goals down and you replace your striker with a midfielder – where is the logic? This left Arnon as a lone striker, trying to claw back a 2 goal deficit. We have seen many times that Arnon as a lone striker does not work. Nicolas’ replacement, David runs about a lot, but makes no impact – when the ball gets forward to him, he either loses it or the ball is passed backwards.

This final substitution was boxing’s equivalent of throwing in the towel, and marked a mass exodus from the ground. The left hand side of the grandstand emptied, as did much of Zone B.

I don’t think anybody expected Hua Hin to win this game, but to throw in the towel at 2 – 0 is not acceptable. Of course, we don’t know how much the virus affected the play. Hopefully, everybody will be back to full fitness for Sunday’s game Chainat Utd.

Points 41; Position 18
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

BB
I read these game reports and, really and truly, you come off as one of the biggest "apologists" that I have ever come across.

Up to you . . .

Cheers
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Behind the goal highlights from yesterday's game:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Chainat Utd 1 - 0 Hua Hin City

Nothing apologetic about this.

In leg 2, teams play to host leg 3. Playing at home costs more than playing away, which is basically bus fare. There is no way today's team was picked to win. It makes financial sense to lose all leg 2 games. Enough said.

The club let the likes of Songkran (the best defender in the league), play for the police in a local game today. There are other farces with today's team, but I'll stop there.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Behind the goal highlights from yesterday's match:

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Interested in a comment from "centermid7"
Do you actually attend the games,home or away,or are your comments based upon being an internet/armchair critic??
If you do attend the games then why not give other people an insight into how you feel the game went,and explain why you disagree with other posted remarks.
This may benefit others who possibly might take an interest in future developments within the realms of Hua Hin playing football in the town.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There has been a lot of speculation about whether today's game would proceed in light of the weather conditions.

I can confirm Today's game will be played.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 3 – 2 Samut Songkhram

The big talking point leading up to this match was would it start or wouldn’t it. There had been heavy rain since the early hours of the morning, and regardless of how good drainage is, that amount of rain has to result in a waterlogged pitch. It didn’t let anybody down. However, it was all hands to the pump, and it was agreed the game would be played. I must say, the game would never have gone ahead in the UK, but safety concerns here are not the same. I’ve seen several games in similar conditions in Thailand over the years.

The team continued to start with no Farangs in the starting 11. Krit was back in goal after injury. Jiradech was moved into centre half alongside Worrapat. Haritsadee was on the left wing. Arnon was the lone striker, with Panthakant playing behind him.

The game itself was a farce, with the ball unable to travel along the deck. Players were being tackled by puddles. Both sides worked really hard in such bad conditions, but football had very little to do with it. In a strange sort of way it was enjoyable.

Samut Songkhram took the lead about half way through the first half with a goal that Hua Hin strongly disputed claiming offside. Yes, they had players in offside positions, but they weren’t interfering with play.

Panthakant opened his Hua Hin City goal account a few minutes before half time, with a shot from close in. It stayed this way until half time.

Conditions at half time were so bad, neither team put their substitutes onto the pitch for a kick about. Instead, the half time entertainment came from the ground staff, squeegeeing water from the Southern end penalty area.

Then 2 more ground staff moved to the Northern penalty area with dust pans – this was hilarious. Akin to trying to bail out a sinking ship with thimbles.

Khun K then took command of the situation. He and 4 others, supervised by the Equipment Man, SK, ripped down an advertising hoarding, and used it as a giant squeegee to clear water from the penalty area. This team were definitely the headline act.

A couple of officials inspected the Southern end, and the farce was allowed to continue.

Early in the 2nd half, Panthakant scored a second.

Almost immediately, Samut Songkhram were awarded a free kick on the edge of the penalty area. It was skilfully converted in off the post, giving Krit no chance.

About 5 minutes later, Tossapon scored to make it 3-2 with a lovely shot from the edge of the penalty area. He also should have scored another, when having beaten the goalkeeper inside his own 6 yard area, he fell over his own feet.

Samut Songkhram piled a lot of pressure, but Hua Hin held on for 3 points.

The weather was the winner today, but 3 points are very welcome, and moves the team back to 3rd place.
Gameweek_11_A.jpg
Gameweek_11_A.jpg (65.13 KiB) Viewed 998 times
Next game is in 2 week's time:
Chainat_Hornbill_cover.jpg
Chainat_Hornbill_cover.jpg (61.26 KiB) Viewed 998 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Behind the goal highlights from yesterday's victory against Samut Songkhram.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Two friendly matches. I know the first will interest Grovehillwanderer as its a last minute venue change,
Samut_Sakhon_Cover.jpg
Samut_Sakhon_Cover.jpg (66.19 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Directorate_of_Welfare_Cover.jpg
Directorate_of_Welfare_Cover.jpg (61.89 KiB) Viewed 716 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The tide is turning, and players are deserting the sinking ship.

Already, we've lost:

8. Zola
10. David
15. Samy
27. Tossapon

Imminent departures include:

15. Feli
18. Nicolas
50. Maraba

I think the thought of living in shipping containers has convinced the Thai veteran players to get out as soon as possible.

Most of the players are well above T4 standard if used properly, something the current mismanagement have found impossible to do. Most of them will better their playing careers by going elsewhere.

Hua Hin are playing Prachuap at the 3 Bays Stadium this afternoon. I hope (for his sake) Prachuap take a serious look at No.16 Songkran. He deserves a break. Prachuap's current Korean defender failed 2 trials at Hua Hin because he wasn't fit to clean Songkran's boots in comparison.

As for Hua Hin, they have a bunch of inexperienced trialists, who will downgrade the team to a pub side, but I suspect they won't demand much of a salary.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:12 pm Prachuap's current Korean defender failed 2 trials at Hua Hin because he wasn't fit to clean Songkran's boots in comparison.
Now he's playing for the third best team in the country instead of a bunch of fascists that cant get out of division 4. Go figure!

:duck:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson