Swimming pool for lap swimming

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Swimming pool for lap swimming

Post by Hahuahin »

I allow me to ask if someone know of a 25 meter swimming pool where you can pay for each sessions (public or hotel pool) but without have to sign up for a expensive on year long membership! Read some place that a hotel with name grand :? or similar had a 50m pool! Is there someone who know where that "grand" is and if they accept outsiders in their pool against payment? Btw, I know about True Arena but to far from my abode.......and pricey for only to sign up for a year for 2-3 swim sessions a week. Any info welcome :)

Thank you
hahuahin
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Swimming pool for lap swimming

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Hua Hin Sport Villa on Phetkasem Road between Soi 104 & 104/2, has a pool that you can use for 50 Baht a day. Using the measuring tool on Google Earth, the pool is approx. 25m at its longest point. It's not all that far away from True Arena though, so it might still be a bit far for you to go.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

They also have a gym, I pay the daily fee use the gym and then go for a swim--good value
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 pm Hua Hin Sport Villa on Phetkasem Road between Soi 104 & 104/2, has a pool that you can use for 50 Baht a day. Using the measuring tool on Google Earth, the pool is approx. 25m at its longest point. It's not all that far away from True Arena though, so it might still be a bit far for you to go.
oakdale160 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:17 am They also have a gym, I pay the daily fee use the gym and then go for a swim--good value
What’s the daily fee to use both swimming pool and gym? Is the pool suitable for laps or is it usually filled with residents, tourists and their kids? And what equipment do they have at the gym there? Free weights, multi gym, cable crossover equip.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Thanks for the replies. I think I have found the "grand" I inquired about in original post. Its a great sized pool there but unfortunately do they not allow outside guests. I have been to the sport villa previously but its IMO not suitable for lap swimming unless prepared for "slalom" between other swimmers.
hahuahin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There is a pool not far from Kwality Indian that would probably meet your needs. I've never known it to be busy.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Hahuahin wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:36 am Thanks for the replies. I think I have found the "grand" I inquired about in original post. Its a great sized pool there but unfortunately do they not allow outside guests. I have been to the sport villa previously but its IMO not suitable for lap swimming unless prepared for "slalom" between other swimmers.
hahuahin
It depends on the time of day/week/year. I've been a few times recently around 11 am and there's rarely more than two people in the pool except on weekends when more families tend to show up. There are of course more people there in the high season but it's usually pretty quiet at the moment.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Palm Hills has nice pool and gym
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:53 am There is a pool not far from Kwality Indian that would probably meet your needs. I've never known it to be busy.
Where is "Kwality Indian" and what is it? :?

Thank you
hahuahin
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Hahuahin wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:53 am There is a pool not far from Kwality Indian that would probably meet your needs. I've never known it to be busy.

Thank you
hahuahin
Forget the restaurant. Here is the pool. Image
YNWA
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:17 pm
Hahuahin wrote:

Thank you
hahuahin
Forget the restaurant. Here is the pool. Image
Thanks, I think I know where the place is but never stopped by, but thought this was a small pool more for of a "pool party" thing when using restaurant/bar?

hahuahin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hmmm....... I think Kwality Indian is shown in the wrong road.

It isn't the biggest pool, but should be quite big enough for lap swimming. I've never seen it busy, so if its a bit small, just do a couple of extra laps.

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Big Boy wrote:Hmmm....... I think Kwality Indian is shown in the wrong road.

It isn't the biggest pool, but should be quite big enough for lap swimming. I've never seen it busy, so if its a bit small, just do a couple of extra laps.
Off topic, but Kwality is in the right place. I should know, I live close by ImageImage
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Really? I could have sworn I drove past it after the restaurant. I suppose it was dark.

Points 41; Position 18