Event/Music Listing

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
dahobbit

Event/Music Listing

Post by dahobbit »

Anyone up to start and maintain an events and music calendar? I've noticed that a quite a bit goes on around here that no one seems to know is happening until it's done.

Just tonight, there was a show of Ukranian dancing, sponsored by the Hua Hin/Cha-am Tourism Association at the Queen's Park north of the palace. I live a block from the place but had no idea until I happened by, right after the show ended. Did anybody know this was going to occur? (Luckily, I *didn't* miss Hom Rong when he appeared there, equally unannounced on a Friday night)

Same for bands. Last season, the Sofitel had a *killer* band from Cuba. I only found out when I wandered in off the street, having been in town for months.

Anyway, it seems to me that HH could really benefit from a good central listing. Colin at the Observer and others have mentioned they "were thinking about something like that." I'm about to leave town for 2 months, but would be up for helping to maintain it once I return. Anybody game to get it started in the meantime?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Events Calendar

Post by Lev »

There is an events calendar on this site which could be expanded to include music events. It does currently rely purely on reader input and interaction though which unfortunately is a little thin on the ground.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

queens park

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

The Queens park has free open air entertainment on every friday night from around 6.30 pm until aprox 10.00 pm
it is mainly a Thai affair without many westerners attending
Usualy a nice early start for a friday night out

However and in no way let this put you off going !

it is also a gathering place for local and out of town gangs of thai teenagers who occasionaly deem it neccesary to fight each other.
i witnessed one of these occasions and it wasnt a nice sight
lots of scuffling, shouting, screaming ,and by standers getting pushed over by the clashing youths
machettes, knives and automatic pistols were involved ,two stabbings occoured before the police took charge of the situation and one of the gangs fled on their motor cycles closley followed by the police soon after the event the park was empty
maybe due to the band starting to sing hotel califonia
go check the place out
as i said it is a enjoyable start to a friday evening usualy !
:thumb: :guns: