schools in and around Hua Hin

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
buksida

Post by buksida »

prcscct wrote: 3. Perhaps most important, being a Royal town they want a lid put on the expansion of foreign settlement.
That is a very interesting suggestion and perhaps one that needs further thought, it would certainly explain a lot of things that affect foreigners and only happen in Hua Hin.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

buksida wrote:
prcscct wrote: 3. Perhaps most important, being a Royal town they want a lid put on the expansion of foreign settlement.
That is a very interesting suggestion and perhaps one that needs further thought, it would certainly explain a lot of things that affect foreigners and only happen in Hua Hin.
Go here:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/po ... tml#140935
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

stgrhe wrote: a new English Language school has opened in Cha Am
That says it all, together with the fact that they have been recently advertising for native speakers offering a remuneration of 300 baht per. hour.
Another example of rumour going haywire.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

These threads are great for speculative conjecture on the "hope" that things will sort themselves out at some point, I love it, it's cool, get to waffle on but really, everyone's kidding themselves, it's never going to happen for whatever reason, whether it be Pete's suggestion of the Thais don't want to encourage farang settlement etc due to it being a "Royal"/"Military" town, or whether they are simple unwilling to do it as it would reguire a massively rich entity to afford/government investment policies regarding the land prices where it, the school, would be viable and popular. The government is obviously not interested aswell for some reason.

It's Catch 22 man, and will remain so for whatever reason. If there is a school opening in Cha-am, then great, hope it works, but it's going to be the half-baked solution like everywhere else. I visited almost every school in HH a year or so ago and wasn't impressed with them and their feedback, to be honest. Actually, not too much difference from the response I get from schools in Isaan etc when I 'look them up'.

HH just has a beach and more people want to be there but the Thai attitude doesn't vary too much really, to be honest, certainly on the local job level thing.

:cheers:

Don't even start me on CELTAs/TEFLs etc for the teachers that are working there, which should be the basic requirement for an average employee teacher as it'll be expensive to send your kid to a decent school which is worth "singing and dancing" about.

Forgive the negative post, should I be proved wrong, then cool, OK . :cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Nille
Rookie
Rookie

Re: schools in and around Hua Hin

Post by Nille »

Interesting reading indeed. I wonder what the chances are that I could find a school in Hua Hin for my 3 kids by November this year? I need a private thai school as my kids only speaks thai and swedish. My wife has been in contact with some of the schools that are mentioned in this thread but they just say - come and talk when you are settled in Hua Hin... I have provided some more details in another thread.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: schools in and around Hua Hin

Post by Nereus »

Not sure if this conflicts with T&C`s, but it is an interesting article for those that may be looking for an alternative School for their kids. :thumb:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/life/improve ... expression
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!