Vic Hua-Hin

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Vic Hua-Hin

Post by Takiap »

Has anyone got anything to report on Vic Hua-Hin School of Fine Arts? It's the new place just past the flyover past Takiap. It seems the women who opened the school is very well respected in Thailand, and having spoken to her in person yesterday, she certainly does come across as being a very nice and sincere type of person. She also speaks fluent English, and actually surprised me with a few of the things she started chatting about.

Anyway, the reason why I'm asking is because I intend enrolling my eldest daughter so she can do gymnastics. She's been watching some of it on TV, and she seems to be thrilled by it. When I asked her if she would like to learn how to do all those strange moves, she eagerly said yes, so I'm going to enroll her in the school, more than likely starting as from the beginning of January. It costs 1,500 baht per month, and that's for two hours every Saturday, and she will be given certain exercises to practice at home as well.

I just feel it will be good for her, because if you ask me, the schooling here really has very little to offer in terms of sports and etc. I'm not a great fan of pushing kids to do something they don't like, so if my little one wants out, then I'm fine with that. At the moment though, she's really excited about starting, and sure, gymnastics must certainly be more beneficial that cartoons :thumb: . I've also done quite a bit of reading up on the net, and it seems it's really good for a child's development, both mentally and physically.

Anyway, any input welcome?
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Vic Hua-Hin

Post by BaaBaa. »

Just giving this a bump as it sounds beneficial. :cheers:

I'm personally going to make my 2 year old lad kick a football about for 10 hours a day solid. :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes indeed, it would be interesting to know what else they do there.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

BaaBaa. wrote:Just giving this a bump as it sounds beneficial. :cheers:

I'm personally going to make my 2 year old lad kick a football about for 10 hours a day solid. :cheers:
Big Boy wrote:Yes indeed, it would be interesting to know what else they do there.
I don't want to get the big stick out!

But I will!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

They do have a website with an English version as well, but it doesn't reveal all that much. I know they also do things like martial arts, classical dance, ballad, acrobats, clay, modeling , a few courses to do with Thai cooking and food presentation, several musical instruments, and etc. Some course are really just aimed at keeping young ones occupied foe a few hours on the weekends, while others are more serious.

They also stage performances, usually on Saturday evenings, and there is, I believe, also holiday accommodation available.

You can just do a google for http://www.vichuahin.com

Like I said, the lady that owns it seems really nice, and it sure does help that she speaks the world's greatest language :thumb:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you for that Takiap :thumb:

It was interesting. However, certain bits could do with an update such as their calendars.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Yes, I noticed that. I have a feeling though that the owner takes care of the website herself. I actually emailed her yesterday, and I'm pleased to report that I received a very prompt reply, so it seems she really is a "hands on" type of woman. My wife tells me she is frequently on TV, all to do with her passion for promoting the sort of subjects covered at the school. Anyway, I'll be taking my daughter to watch the acrobatic performance there next Saturday evening, and then it looks like she'll start classes as from the beginning of next year, or maybe sooner if she keeps nagging :thumb:

If any of you have any questions, I would suggest that you give the owner a call, as she is very willing to answer any questions. :thumb:
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

The Hua Hin arts guide has some info on the Vic, as well as info on what is happening in the area regarding everything arty and crafty.

:cheers:

huahinartsguide.com
You only live once.