Are there any options to the Salesian School?

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Are there any options to the Salesian School?

Post by Dannie Boy »

Maybe Mods should rename this thread or create a more general new one on Education in HH/Thailand?

I don't have a detailed knowledge of what goes on in the schools, but can only assume that the general criticism of the standard of education is a valid one. My 14 year old stepson never has any homework, which I assume is fairly common? By comparison, I have a 6 year old niece born in HH but now living in the UK who regularly gets homework during the week. We may criticise the UK education system (with some justification), but it appears to be a million miles better than the general education here.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Dannie Boy,

No homework ? My 5 year old has been getting homework since she was 3 years old..... She does stay behind at school for an extra hour (along with most of the class it appears) to do it. makes the day very long IMHO.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

For what it's worth, both our kids get homework. However, I have a feeling the older kids don't get homework. My wife's baby brother attends HH Commercial College and he has never yet had any homework to do. In fact, judging from the photos he takes, I don't think they do any work at the college either. :shock:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

fft100 wrote:Dannie Boy,

No homework ? My 5 year old has been getting homework since she was 3 years old..... She does stay behind at school for an extra hour (along with most of the class it appears) to do it. makes the day very long IMHO.
Ok maybe that's the same here because he does stay late, but I am still surprised that there is no set work where he has to research the Internet for information etc.