English Teacher

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
titima1
Novice
Novice

English Teacher

Post by titima1 »

Hi
I have recently moved to Hua Hin and have a 9 year old Daughter.
she has just joined an International School but needs some extra lessons in English to get her up to a level equal to class average.
Before she was at a Thai School, approx 2hrs every weekend 6 / 8 weeks .
would be good depends on price.
for the record i am from uk

Regards Alec.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: English Teacher

Post by JimmyGreaves »

What International School is that as I didn't think there was one in Hua Hin?

As regards Teacher drop me a pm.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
titima1
Novice
Novice

Post by titima1 »

Hi its Somtawin about 15 klms from town center
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Hi its Somtawin about 15 klms from town center
Before anyone jumps on you allow me...

Somtawin is an English Program school, not an International school. For me it's the best school in the area. Granted I did work there for four years so I may be slightly biased.

:cheers:
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

titima1 wrote:Hi
I have recently moved to Hua Hin and have a 9 year old Daughter.
she has just joined an International School but needs some extra lessons in English to get her up to a level equal to class average.
Before she was at a Thai School, approx 2hrs every weekend 6 / 8 weeks .
would be good depends on price.
for the record i am from uk

Regards Alec.
Alec, suggest that you drop in and talk to us... We have a class on Saturday and Sunday for your daughter's age group. Class is 2 hours each day. Cost is Baht 3,800 (Baht 190/hour) for 20 hours. Teacher is female and a Native English Speaker.

Call me on 083 263 3111 or drop into the school.. open from 09.00 to 18.00 every day.

Sirada - The Learning Centre
Ground Floor
83/14 Wongchomsin Building
Phetchkasem Road
(between Soi 63/1 and Soi 65)
Hua Hin 77110
www.learningcentre.co.th
info@learningcentre.co.th
titima1
Novice
Novice

Post by titima1 »

That is exactly what i am looking for Sirada.
I am currently working abroad and will be back on20th Aug, so will call you then and get it set up.
Thanks again, willcontact soon.

Regards Alec
apinansukpeng
Amateur
Amateur

Post by apinansukpeng »

Alex

You might want to ask learning center to make sure. They have not mentioned the price 190/hr how
many students in a class and what are their age differences. I recommend one on one which they will charge you 480/hour. They will tell you that once you get there. If your interest, I am bilinqual from the US and teach part time. I go to your premises and teach for 300/hour and an additional 200 for the next hour only depending on your child's assessment. I need to interview her first to see what she specifically lacks to catch up with her classmates.

Have a great day Alex...

Nicky
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Maximum 5 in class. We do not offer 1 on 1 for that age group as experience has shown that it is more rewarding for the young student to be with a small group.
All of how Native English Language Teachers have been approved by the Education Department, have a Work Permit and police check.
titima1
Novice
Novice

Post by titima1 »

Hi Nikki
Can you e-mail me so that i can contact you to arrange for you to come to home to evaluate my daughters English please

Thanks Alec
apinansukpeng
Amateur
Amateur

Post by apinansukpeng »

Alex am new on hua hin forum, therefore I cannot post my email address yet. You will have to give me
a call at 0865153269. I have a class at 10:00 - 11:00 Tuesday near the Marakesh how far are you?

Nic
titima1
Novice
Novice

Post by titima1 »

ok Nicky
i am not back home untill Monday and will give you a call then and see what we can arrange

Cheers Alec
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

In the hypothetical event that anyone were to consider the hypothetical option of teaching without a work permit, even if they were to do this, hypothetically, for free, they would be well advised not to advertise the fact, even hypothetically, on the Internet.
This is the way
titima1
Novice
Novice

Post by titima1 »

good point , perhaps this topic should be closed now.
dont want any problems

Alec
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

apinansukpeng said...
I recommend one on one
Which is without doubt the slowest (and more expensive) way possible for a nine year old to learn/improve upon a new language privately. Four is of course the perfect number, but anything other than 'one on one' is a plus. Sleeping soon so can't be bothered to go into the numerous reasons why.

Of course all students in the group should be about the same level.

:cheers:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

IMHO, I think there should be at least enough students in a class to do pair/group work and activities mixed in with some peer correction opportunities and what allows scope for student talking time (STT) and a few other things..........perhaps 5-8 in a horseshoe shape around your seat as the teacher with a white board etc for back-up should you hit a problem would be perfect for me.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol