International Schools

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Austro74
Rookie
Rookie

International Schools

Post by Austro74 »

Are there any British curriculum International schools in the area that go up to at least IGCSE??
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Re: International Schools

Post by jingjoe »

no international schools in hua hin
gandalfinthai

Post by gandalfinthai »

Halio School in Samor Prong does IGCSE
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

gandalfinthai wrote:Halio School in Samor Prong does IGCSE
Correct and a very good school it is.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

halio is a very good school from all reports but not technically an international school,but when my child is old enough i would love to send him there
whailstones
Rookie
Rookie

Post by whailstones »

jingjoe wrote:halio is a very good school from all reports but not technically an international school,but when my child is old enough i would love to send him there
Hi, do you know what the fees are per year?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

whailstones wrote:
jingjoe wrote:halio is a very good school from all reports but not technically an international school,but when my child is old enough i would love to send him there
Hi, do you know what the fees are per year?
If you look at the link provided by Big Boy above, you have all the details there :thumb:
whailstones
Rookie
Rookie

Post by whailstones »

Thank you, I have had a look it's 150,00 Th Baht per year, which is good considering your child gets the right education!!
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

My view

Somtawin - Holiday camp & run for profit

Halio - Too small with mixed ages in classes - a bit of Montessori type culture, not got proper school status either

Yamsaard - best school in Hua Hin, but only up to certain age level

Best options for teenage kids in my view is to send overseas or to Bangkok
whailstones
Rookie
Rookie

Post by whailstones »

I'm at a loss now to be honest, I've looked into the background of Somtawin and with the outbreak of Scabies and 'squat toilets' with no loo paper, soap etc and also the parents not been advised of the conditions, till it's too late... ie: paying the school fees with no reimbursement!! Then Yamsaard, not too much different with regards to learning achievements. You mentioned either overseas or Bangkok... I do know about the boarding schools there, so maybe look into that one, what a shame for Hua Hin??
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think it's an issue of simply not enough foreign families with school age children. Unless some kind of industry or business attracts foreigners there on contract, as in Bangkok and the East, there may never be a true, accredited IS. It is a shame, but no one will open one unless the business model works. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
whailstones
Rookie
Rookie

Post by whailstones »

I know what you mean, it's just so many conflicting stories going about, it's easy to go along with what others are saying to our detriment when it's too late... sod it, I'll have a beer and not think about it just now lol!! Go back to the research tomorrow, my sons running the IT dept at school and comes back with hard drives to fix, how bad is that??
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

I do recommend Yamsaard..the downside is its Thai in the playgrounds so your childs English ability drops (if they are young), but the school is very well run, teachers are good, and management really care about the development of the kids...most expats with kids there speak positively about it and its a large school with a good reputation in terms of employment in Thailand (ie Thai employers know the name)
whailstones
Rookie
Rookie

Post by whailstones »

Hi there, you did mention Yamsaard previously but said only to a certain age level, my son will be 16 in November so examinations are a priority, do you think Yamsaard would be OK?

Wendy