Best place to learn Thai

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Davefromoz
Rookie
Rookie

Best place to learn Thai

Post by Davefromoz »

We are moving to hua hin in may , 2 adults and 2 teenagers, we all want to learn Thai. What is recommendation and what would cost likely to be. I think we need to anyway for educational visas.
pharvey

Re: Best place to learn Thai

Post by pharvey »

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd second that. In under 8 months my son can manage limited reading and writing of the Thai language already. IMHO that is quite an achievement.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Davefromoz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Davefromoz »

Thanks, I will give them a go
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

See : http://learningcentre.co.th/edvisa.html for Ed Visa details... Further details from: info@learningcentre.co.th
cozza
Professional
Professional

Post by cozza »

Bapak, Does it matter what time of year we start? Am applying for a career break for 1 year on Monday...not sure if it'll get approved yet, but looking at coming in around July?
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

cozza wrote:Bapak, Does it matter what time of year we start? Am applying for a career break for 1 year on Monday...not sure if it'll get approved yet, but looking at coming in around July?
New Beginning Thai classes start about every 2-3 weeks.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

FlemingJason wrote:That's amazing since next week I'll be Thai so it's good to start.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

bapak wrote:
FlemingJason wrote:That's amazing since next week I'll be Thai so it's good to start.
Next Beginning Thai class starts on Monday, 13 May at 10.00 to 12.00. Then every Monday and Wednesday.
Best enrol on your arrival as we keep our classes small.
Stewartuk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stewartuk »

I'm also looking to learn thai and obtain an education visa. I really want to learn thai but as I am freelance designer a lot of my hours get taken by that... Can anyone offer any good schools that are cheap ?

Neil
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Stewartuk wrote:I'm also looking to learn thai and obtain an education visa. I really want to learn thai but as I am freelance designer a lot of my hours get taken by that... Can anyone offer any good schools that are cheap ?

Neil
Cheap is relative and I doubt there will be much difference between any of the schools price wise. The school mentioned in this thread is a forum sponsor and has a very good reputation.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Stewartuk wrote:I'm also looking to learn thai and obtain an education visa. I really want to learn thai but as I am freelance designer a lot of my hours get taken by that... Can anyone offer any good schools that are cheap ?

Neil
You say you're freelance. So that presumably means that you can work your own hours? I understand, of course, you probably need to be available to talk to customers if they call, but school is 4 hours a week... 2 lots of 2 hours. Should be easy enough to work around?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Stewartuk wrote:Can anyone offer any good schools that are cheap ?
To a certain extent Thailand is like anywhere else - you get what you pay for.

Do you want to learn Thai from a reputable school charging a fair price, or do you want to get a visa from a cheap school with 200 registered students, 1 x 10-seat classroom and one unqualified teacher, thereby running the risk of deportation after 6 months?
This is the way
Stewartuk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stewartuk »

Hey guys, yes freelance is a loose term... It means I work the hours they tell me and sometimes 24hours... Don't get me wrong i really want to learn the language I love it!

I was quoted by someone to pay 25,000 and pay instalments which I liked the sounds off....

What your thoughts guys?

All best,

Neil
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

If you're asking us to comment on the price without knowing any other details, you're obviously not reading what's been written.

It's like saying "I've been offered a new car for 5k, what do you think?"
This is the way