Language schools under Immigration investigation

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Elaine
Amateur
Amateur

Language schools under Immigration investigation

Post by Elaine »

Anyone who has read any of my past posts will know that I am a snoopy old lady.

Anyhow, whilst I was at local Immigration last week, one of the staff that I communicate quite well with, mentioned that the bosses of two local language schools were under investigation regarding the issue of documents for Education Visa.. Mainly the large number of students who apparently do not attend class. And the number of students they have enrolled far exceeds the capacity of the school classrooms and teachers.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Language schools under Immigration investigation

Post by Pagey »

Just hearsay, gossip and rumour then. Jog on. :guns:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

they pay the tea money and its is brushed under the carpet
Elaine
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elaine »

Pagey wrote:Just hearsay, gossip and rumour then. Jog on. :guns:

Hardly hearsay when it came out of the mouth of and Immigration official who was present when the school bosses were called in.

In fact, I heard more about this from another source. One that I consider 100% reliable.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Elaine wrote:

Hardly hearsay when it came out of the mouth of and Immigration official who was present when the school bosses were called in.

In fact, I heard more about this from another source. One that I consider 100% reliable.
Maybe bpak will comment?
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Elaine wrote:

Maybe bpak will comment?
It is difficult for me to make a comment about another language school(s).

However, I will say that it was emphatically not Sirada - The Learning Centre. We play straight down the line. Our students are required to sign an attendance sheet during their class. When we provide documents for the student's 90 days Extension of Stay, we attach a copy of the signed attendance sheet.

Immigration have visited our school regularly and checked records... with no adverse remarks.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

And that, of course, is the problem with threads like this, however substantiated they may or may not be. No names, no pack drill means that perfectly respectable businesses like bapak's find themselves having to issue (unnecessary) denials.
This is the way
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Exactly DM - and if you read the OP's other posts they seem to have an agenda with language schools

Quote OP reply :

Even more hearsay and rumour. :tsk:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Pagey wrote:Exactly DM - and if you read the OP's other posts they seem to have an agenda with language schools

Quote OP reply :

Not defending the OP but there is not much choice in Thailand with its quirky libel laws. Tell the truth and name names, and you will have the police knocking on your door saying that you have libeled someone. I think that I mentioned this previously... how many times have you read in a newspaper that a politician by the name "M" or "J" or whatever had done some dastardly deed. Just about every reader knows who "M" or whoever is, but say the actual name you are likely to be charged with both criminal and civil libel. Sorry , I digress from the topic.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Pagey wrote:Exactly DM - and if you read the OP's other posts they seem to have an agenda with language schools

Quote OP reply :

Also strikes me as a very odd thing for an immigration official to just drop into a conversation.
Elaine
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elaine »

Pleng wrote:

Quote OP reply :

Also strikes me as a very odd thing for an immigration official to just drop into a conversation.
Have known this officer for some time and on very friendly terms ever since she got me out of a jam with a so called lawyer and a school, hence my keen interest in the local school scene). I happened to be there doing 90 day address report and talking to this officer when a representative from one of the schools came in with a batch of passport. The officer then made the comment to me.

I am not going to comment further on the veracity of the statement by this officer. As far as I am concerned, she was telling me facts.
nickswift

Post by nickswift »

In fact, I heard more about this from another source. One that I consider 100% reliable.[/quote]

Maybe bpak will comment?[/quote]

It is difficult for me to make a comment about another language school(s).

However, I will say that it was emphatically not Sirada - The Learning Centre. We play straight down the line. Our students are required to sign an attendance sheet during their class. When we provide documents for the student's 90 days Extension of Stay, we attach a copy of the signed attendance sheet.

Immigration have visited our school regularly and checked records... with no adverse remarks.[/quote]

yeah, i know this one is pukka as my friend goes there - others not so much
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

I hope this is not OT, but a friend's GF was attending Sirada computer classes a while ago. I was coaching and helping her out with some of the kinks as my friend is even more computer illiterate than I am.
The lady teacher at Sirada, Giap, was very demanding and responsible, which lead into the fact the my friend's GF now is employed part-time with feeding data into a computer system.

Sirada really was serious about this pupil. Therefore it's easy to think they are responsible and serious about other matters, too.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Farang wrote:I hope this is not OT, but a friend's GF was attending Sirada computer classes a while ago. I was coaching and helping her out with some of the kinks as my friend is even more computer illiterate than I am.
The lady teacher at Sirada, Giap, was very demanding and responsible, which lead into the fact the my friend's GF now is employed part-time with feeding data into a computer system.

Sirada really was serious about this pupil. Therefore it's easy to think they are responsible and serious about other matters, too.
Thanks for the comment... The teacher was Jeab (Sinsook Chirachant), the school Director.