Fortuner owners...

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Fortuner owners...

Post by usual suspect »

Its about time we had a dig at some of you (and wait for the flack!)
So here goes...

If the traffic is jammed near the market whats usually the cause...?
A DAMN FORTUNER DRIVER double-parked.
If Bintabaat comes to a halt and all the old ladies trying to earn a crust by selling son-tam from their m/cycle & sidehack have to uproot and relocate whats usually the cause...?
A DAMN FORTUNER DRIVER who likes to show his 'power' by making
the whole street move out of HIS way.
When on the roads in Thailand and you're happily boogying along in the R/H lane (at a fair speed),bet ya soon theres a to**er rubbing your back bumper and flashing his lights cos you're in HIS part of the road. Who is it behind you...?
A DAMN FORTUNER DRIVER!
If the vehicle in front of you turns the corner at a junction and parks up without any indication or respect for other road-users right on the edge of the bend/turn,gets out and goes into his/her shop leaving the rest of HH traffic snarled cos they cant now make the turn/clear the junction,who is it...?
A DAMN FORTUNER DRIVER!
What is it with these people? Do Toyota specify in the HP agreement that you must be an obnoxious w****er once you drive this vehicle out of the showroom??
Is it the Thai status syndrome that allows you to be above any laws of the road cos you,ve paid out a big sum o cash on a big lump O metal?
(with just enuf money left out of the deal to get the windows tinted so others cannot see who you are... when they give you the finger for driving like a twat)
Finally,why is it that about 50% of all FORTUNERS in HH have property-shop names/logos on the sides of them? (and the other 50% are ran by 'golf-shops').
SO THEN... next time you lot park where its dead convienient for you and a pain in the ass for the rest of HH...why not get out and have a look at the s**t you are causing???
:cuss:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yeah, most of the drivers are expats who once dreamed of being a wannabe BMW driver in their youth. They think driving a Fortuner is the realisation of their former youthful ambition/dreams.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Fortuner owners...

Post by dtaai-maai »

usual suspect wrote: Finally,why is it that about 50% of all FORTUNERS in HH have property-shop names/logos on the sides of them? (and the other 50% are ran by 'golf-shops').
Funny you should say that - I was only thinking the other day that if you stick your company name on a vehicle and then drive like a complete twat, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

No names, no pack drill :D , but the Wave Pub and the Banyan project need to invest in some driving lessons...
This is the way
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Looks like they're catching up with the Volvo drivers then.... :roll:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Spot on, usual suspect!

And here I was thinking it was just me! No doubt there are exceptions, but they never seem to be on the road the same time as me! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Fortuner owners

Post by Arcadian »

Slightly off topic. but there was speculation some time ago that Thais who had bought 4 wheel drive cars on HP would have them re possessed and sold off at bargain prices. Did that happen?
Jim
Guru
Guru

Re: Fortuner owners...

Post by Jim »

dtaai-maai wrote: No names, no pack drill :D , but the Wave Pub and the Banyan project need to invest in some driving lessons...
What is it with that white van from the Wave Pub? It has to have set every land speed record for the Asian continent. I've never been there, but I hope the bar is a more pleasurable experience than being tailgated by 1" at 120k.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Re: Fortuner owners

Post by The understudy »

Arcadian wrote:Slightly off topic. but there was speculation some time ago that Thais who had bought 4 wheel drive cars on HP would have them re possessed and sold off at bargain prices. Did that happen?
Uhh yep yep Arcardian. It takes usually three as long as six months to get a car repoed off the Owner. Sometimes it takes up to nine month depending how good of an excuse the owner has in store or he's befriended with the Banker who gave him the loan. Those repossed Fortuners are soled off the Private Ppl or used car Tents which get those Cars in "As Is" Condition for used Cars sell shops to take care of the repairs themselves.

Your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Never owned one but have driven a few .Cannot agree that they are the only car favoured by inconsiderate drivers .Also cannot agree that they are a status symbol vehicle :?

porsche cayenne.....yes

bmw x3/5.....yes

range rover.....yes

merc sprinter...yes

Harrier...maybe

rx400...yes

fortuner...no

That said they hold value pretty well compared to a crv or an mu7 .All of which are piloted,at times,by twats IMO .As are many other vehicles esp.small motorbikes .

Crazy 88
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Anyone who's rich enough to buy a fortuner should at least let their wives have a mini to go into town.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Just seen this thread, funny, absolutely true.

The Toyota Fortuner has a massive image problem here IMO and, like the BMW in the UK, I'm convinced you have to pass a "Are you a big enough wanker test?" before they give you the keys and allow you to buy one.

Every time I see a Fortuner it does something stupid and inconsiderate. The only other road user that comes close is "Market boy" in his two-door, bottom of the range pickup.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

As someone else pointed out above, it’s a bit counterproductive to put an advert for your company on a vehicle and then go around annoying other road users.
Actually I’ve never found Fortuner drivers as big a problem as those Bangkok driven silver Mercedes and Toyota saloons, usually with cushions in the back windows that dither around town every weekend.