Thai Driving License

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Re: Thai Driving License

Post by Johan »

Thanks all, i've got my 6 yrs license today ;)
Blyish
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Blyish »

I have only a three-month visa. I don't work here. So no yellow book and no work permit. What kind of letter do I need from immigration and how do I get it? Is it even possible to get a letter, since I only have a tourist visa.

Do you need an appointment to pass the test? I don't have an old license, so I'll have to take the test. I'm guessing I need to show up, say I want to get a license and then take it from there, right?
Hakan
Novice
Novice

Post by Hakan »

brianks wrote:Only 30 baht at the doctor's clinic just near the main Pranburi crossroads, only 2 minutes drive from the driving licence office - and not a stethoscope in sight :

My wife kept telling me that 30 baht is all we should pay but could not find a place open that charged that amount. Thanks for the info.

I renewed my license before it expired. I have read many times about having to let it expire but had no problems renewing for 5 year several days before expiration. Guess we have the right connections through a friend who knows the lady in the office.

HUMMM! :roll:
Can you please give a more exact adress to the clinic, I will be on my way soon to renew my driver licence.

//Hakan
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Drive south along Petkhasem to Pranburi, past the Tesco crossroads and on to the main traffic light junction in Pranburi. Turn left. Almost immediately on the left is a 7/11. Cross over the road and a little to the left is a doctor's practice. That's it :D
devehrey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by devehrey »

What are the requirements and procedures when applying for a thai driving license?