LPG conversion

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Davidwa
Novice
Novice

LPG conversion

Post by Davidwa »

What's the best deal for LPG conversion in Hua Hin?
TonyB
Rookie
Rookie

Re: LPG conversion

Post by TonyB »

Now I go to Nat for LPG stuff. A bit out of the way for you maybe, go north on Petchkasem, on the left, about 100m before the temple gates you'll see on the right at Baan Kwai. Young fellow, speaks fair English, very helpful. The conversion was done at a different garage on the by-pass where it meets Petchkasem in Cha-Am. 18,500 baht, 70L tank, 2 yrs ago, no problems other than a dodgy fuel gauge but I don't like them any more because they do stupid stuff like re-connecting the spark plug leads in the wrong order and make you buy a new set of plugs. At the time the place under the overpass in HH quoted 43K. I get about 4.5 km/litre which is pretty horrendous but I give it a lot of stick. If I drive around calmly it still sucks gas at the same rate so I don't do that.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

TonyB wrote: I get about 4.5 km/litre which is pretty horrendous but I give it a lot of stick. If I drive around calmly it still sucks gas at the same rate so I don't do that.
What type of car? :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
TonyB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyB »

migrant wrote:
TonyB wrote: I get about 4.5 km/litre which is pretty horrendous but I give it a lot of stick. If I drive around calmly it still sucks gas at the same rate so I don't do that.
What type of car? :cheers:
CJ5 Jeep w/ 1JZ 2.5L. Had the 1JZ installed cos a friend had an Opel 4 door with a twin turbo 2JZ approx 350 HP lots of trouble with turbo bearings eventually replaced them with a large Japanese truck turbo, stunning performance for a saloon. Might swap the 1JZ for a 1UZ, Here's one