Long weekend gridlock traffic in Hua Hin

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Long weekend gridlock traffic in Hua Hin

Post by JamesWest »

FYI...

Total gridlock traffic going North from Khao Takiap up to and under the flyover all the way into town. Even the scooter lane has cars in it.

Very heavy traffic last night and again tonight. I have never seen it this heavy.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Big Boy

Re: FYI Gridlock Traffic Right Now

Post by Big Boy »

Been like it since Friday - the road improvements on Petchkasem really worked :banghead:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

It needs that overhead roadway full length I keep suggesting.
In conjuction with this report I rode home over Hin Lek Fai hill last night about 7pm..I have never seen that road as busy..every driver using it as an alternative route.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

JamesWest wrote:FYI...

Total gridlock traffic going North from Khao Takiap up to and under the flyover all the way into town. Even the scooter lane has cars in it.

Very heavy traffic last night and again tonight. I have never seen it this heavy.
I thought it only was the motorbike who gives a sh11t about rules ,but it must be the lunatic from Bangkok since it would never be someone from Hua Hin or especially from this forum who would do that :naughty:

I drive car,motorbike and bicycle and imho the biggest problem is that there is to many car in a city this seize, and they give a fu.k about the rules same everybody else,its me,me and after that me in that order.

:cheers: :cheers:
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

It's an extra extra long weekend with May 1st before and May 5th after.Things should settle down next week.
วินเชนท์
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

Welcome to Hua Hin...........the sleepy little fishing town we all moved here for 15 years ago. Pattaya in the making. :wink:
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Hobiecat wrote:

Welcome to Hua Hin...........the sleepy little fishing town we all moved here for 15 years ago. Pattaya in the making. :wink:
If it had been a sleepy little fishing town I wouldn't have moved there, they're boring and smell like Grimsby!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

While the traffic has been heavy, as per usual for a long weekend, I've certainly seen worse here.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Agree with the last statement.
I've just come back from south of town (about 5kms to 3 km north) and the journey took me all of 5 minutes more. The snarl up is at Market Village. Heaven knows what it's going to be like when the new mall opens.
Admittedly, traffic might get worse at night but I purposefully don't venture out then during these long weekends.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Saturday night was certainly the worst I've seen it, and from the OP I guess it was just as bad last night.

Saturday night we went to La Mer at Khao Takiab. I used back roads, and it still took me 45 minutes to get there (normally under 10 minutes). Coming home, I had to drop somebody, so we used Petchkasem. We queued from TK Roadhouse to Soi 94, and it took 90 minutes.

Situation is not helped by the 'me, me. me' dickheads from Bangkok. Fortunately, I wasn't driving my own car, so knocking wing mirrors soon put them back in their place - they wouldn't want to damage daddy's car with their stupid manoeuvre, would they? The stupid gits were mounting pavements, then trying to force me out of the way.

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote:Situation is not helped by the 'me, me. me' dickheads from Bangkok. Fortunately, I wasn't driving my own car, so knocking wing mirrors soon put them back in their place - they wouldn't want to damage daddy's car with their stupid manoeuvre, would they? The stupid gits were mounting pavements, then trying to force me out of the way.
I thought all Thai drivers were, 'me, me, me'! My other half drives like that all the time in Korat - well everywhere really. I'm used to being shunted side to side in the car as she dips in and out of lanes and if there's a space in another lane that would gain her a couple of yards - woe betide anyone that get's in her way! No such thing as a relaxing drive when she's behind the wheel!
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Re: Long weekend gridlock traffic in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

No, even the average Thai driver doesn't try to pass you with 2 wheels on the pavement, and 2 in the motorcycle lane, and then try to force the car beside them into oncoming traffic when a lamppost gets in their way - that specialty is reserved for little rich kids driving daddy's car with Bangkok plates.

Points 48; Position 20
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Traffic in Bangkok has been unusually light this weekend.
:D :wink:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach:

Points 48; Position 20
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

The smart solution : When heavy traffic in Hua Hin, go to Bangkok, traffic will be light.....