carryboy

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
av8er

carryboy

Post by av8er »

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a 'Carryboy' fitted to my truck. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the name-which included me until about a month ago-it's the brand name of the canopy seen on the back of a lot of the pick-up trucks seen in Thailand. My Thai wife-whose English is, shall we say, wanting, has been spluttering something about 'more tax.' I think she's trying to tell me that the road tax will increase because of the addition of the canopy. Does anyone know how this works out? Are we talking about a couple of hundred baht a year extra in road tax, or is there a more nefarious force at play here, requiring me to donate body parts to raise the cash needed? Bear in mind that my body parts are way past their use by date, thanks.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: carryboy

Post by europtimiste »

Just mention on the green book, not even some hundred bahts. Go to Pranburi. Cost me a little money. In Hua Hin this gangster city, under the bridge to Pranburi they asked for 4000 Baht.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

I have a Carryboy roller lid which was fitted at Toyota before I picked up the motor last year.

Never knew it may incur extra tax, it was never mentioned. Just paid my annual car tax on Monday, can't see anywhere that extra tax has been added unless it is based on last years road tax inclusive of additions.

My lid probably aids petrol economy so don't understand why there should be an extra charge.

Still I just go with the flow, my car tax was 4700 baht.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here's a thread from 2013. Don't know if the info is still accurate. Pete :cheers:

viewtopic.php?t=24589
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

prcscct wrote:Here's a thread from 2013. Don't know if the info is still accurate. Pete :cheers:

viewtopic.php?t=24589
As my Carryboy was factory fitted before purchase this may offer a reason I appear to pay a set car tax as opposed to any additions.

Still can't see why all modifications should incur extra tax especially if in doing so you make your motor more economical to run.