Police stopping motorcyclists outside bar

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
nil
Professional
Professional

Police stopping motorcyclists outside bar

Post by nil »

Drove down Soi 65 (where the Centara main entrance is) earlier today and one policeman sitting at front of a bar and another standing just outside waving his hand. Wasn't sure if he meant me and I just rode by. Had to pass back down that road 10 minutes later and the police had stopped a couple of Farang motorcyclists and were checking their documents. :?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Police stopping motorcyclists outside bar

Post by HHTel »

I assume they had a senior officer with them and the correct signage was displayed!!!!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's the end of the month.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Favorite location for many years,sitting in bar getting free drink,play pool,and then decide some additional Tea-Money required.For HHTel,no signage or senior officer ever present,and this has been occurring regularly even after the supposed new laws,and regulations came into play.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

A couple of times I've been stopped over the last few months by a couple of moonlighting cops. Each time I pretended to make a call and was asked who I was calling. "Police Station" I replied after which I was told to be on my way ("Ba!") and they got on their bikes and vanished.