Need a Driving School for Wife

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Need a Driving School for Wife

Post by RCer »

I'm looking for a school or instructor that speaks both Thai and English, for my wife.

English is so I can tell them what habits need to be corrected and what skills need to be learned.
buksida

Re: Need a Driving School for Wife

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

buksida wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 4:21 pm See this yet? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=32501
Old thread and doesn't give information about capabilities of instructor.

Was looking for someone that had personal experience with an instructor or school in or near HH.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

RCer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 1:44 pm I'm looking for a school or instructor that speaks both Thai and English, for my wife.
English is so I can tell them what habits need to be corrected and what skills need to be learned.
Not been driving with Jeffery, but it might be worth asking him. I doubt that you will find an "instructor" worthy of the name! He could probably do with a bit of extra cash just now. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

RCer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 1:44 pmEnglish is so I can tell them what habits need to be corrected and what skills need to be learned.
The "what habits need to be corrected" comment, kind of leads one to suspect that your wife is already driving, but maybe not.

Not sure how it works in Thighland, but I do recall my driving instructor telling me (and that was no easy task going back that far in my grey matter :laugh: ), when he was remonstrating with me for crossing my hands/arms when turning a corner, that he would teach me how to drive in order to pass the test and after that it's up to me how the hell I drove. So maybe it would be best to find a decent instructor, I know very likely beyond the realms of possibility and let him get on with it............just a thought :cheers:

PS. I passed first time and have terrorized roads all over the world ever since :lach:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

aragon wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm
RCer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 1:44 pmEnglish is so I can tell them what habits need to be corrected and what skills need to be learned.
The "what habits need to be corrected" comment, kind of leads one to suspect that your wife is already driving, but maybe not.

Not sure how it works in Thighland, but I do recall my driving instructor telling me (and that was no easy task going back that far in my grey matter :laugh: ), when he was remonstrating with me for crossing my hands/arms when turning a corner, that he would teach me how to drive in order to pass the test and after that it's up to me how the hell I drove. So maybe it would be best to find a decent instructor, I know very likely beyond the realms of possibility and let him get on with it............just a thought :cheers:

PS. I passed first time and have terrorized roads all over the world ever since :lach:
Yes she drives, but never had a lesson, just watched family do it. Thus the bad habits that need to be corrected.
mariad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mariad »

Bad habits die hard. Best of luck
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

^
The old proverb: 'Those brought-up with bad habits, die with bad habits'...

G'luck,
GN.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

I was recommended one for the Mrs some time ago, and she seemed good. Wife passed practical on 2nd test after her lessons and had never driven previously (or since, unfortunately). She passed the theory with 100% score first time, but not sure if that was blind luck or from the lessons. I don't know if the instructor speaks English. She is on the road that goes to Hin Lek Fai viewpoint (Chomsin side, not soi 88 side), on the right if you are going up the hill. Cannot remember name and cannot find number.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

My wife used the same and seemed reasonably happy, not expensive (compared to the UK)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe too late, but these posters are appearing all over town.
18945379_10158639037065618_1452991473_n.jpg
18945379_10158639037065618_1452991473_n.jpg (73.74 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Thanks BB
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

There is a new fancy school/ test centre on your Right just after where the magic balloon place was on the Pala u Rd. I think that is what is advertised in the poster.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Looks like they do the test for the licence there as well.
Oops! Just saw Nokyai wrote test centre.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:59 am Maybe too late, but these posters are appearing all over town.

18945379_10158639037065618_1452991473_n.jpg
I chatted with them on FB. No English spoken.

Oh well.