New highway planned from Hua Hin to bypass?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

New highway planned from Hua Hin to bypass?

Post by usual suspect »

A good mate of mine has just got notification of a planned 6-lane highway coming towards town from the bypass!
His document shows an intersection as the Rd climbs the hill at the 'Elephant temple' area...with 2 lanes going North, 4 lanes proceeding into town & the last lanes peeling off South..
..many houses are gonna be swallowed up by this proposed project..Does anyone else know more on this..??
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: New highway planned from Hua Hin to bypass?

Post by NOKYAI »

I have sent you a new more accurate map to your messenger, most of us will be OK. It is to run near the Artist Village. Perhaps you can post the map on here?
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Here are NOKYAI's maps for information:
map1.jpg
map2.jpg
NOKYAI added, "The area in the red square is classed as highly populated and will be protected I’m told!"
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I think the gray areas on the map are temples, if that helps orientation for people
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Is there an expanded version of that map showing further North and South? Is it planned to join 112 and go no further or go beyond it?
Talk is cheap
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

The person who got me the information said” you can check this map at hin lek fai administration organization or at municipality”
So I think there may be a web page, but it may be in Thai
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

And “the government plan to do the new road (blue line) from borfai - hin lek fai (moo 7 & moo 15) - tabtai”. It makes sense for it to join 112
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thanks, I'm trying to find a map link I used to have that had details of all planned roads, sealed or not, or just those that currently end a few yards into a bush, I have asked elsewhere for the link, If I get it, I will post here.
Talk is cheap
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Maps do confuse me. So the blue line is a proposed road running alongside (or replacing) the north/south bypass, but that's not coming into town. Six lanes coming from the north, with four peeling off to go into town, but where, Pala-U Road? And only two lanes continuing south towards Pranbury?

And does anyone know why a brand new section of six lane road is needed, I never saw any congestion on the bypass. Is someone's bank account in need of a cash injection?...
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

It would be less confusing if the map was orientated showing North, as the rest of the world does it!
The Pala-U road runs from east to west, the bypass north to south. Thais cannot read road signs, never mind a "map".

So where is the connection to Bo Fai?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: New highway planned from Hua Hin to bypass?

Post by hhinner »

Nereus wrote:It would be less confusing if the map was orientated showing North, as the rest of the world does it!
The Pala-U road runs from east to west, the bypass north to south. Thais cannot read road signs, never mind a "map".

So where is the connection to Bo Fai?
North is at the top on these maps (the sea is on the right). Isn't that the usual way?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

hhinner wrote:North is at the top on these maps (the sea is on the right). Isn't that the usual way?
Yes it is. In this case it is probably a lot more clear if you have the full size drawing in front of you, but even more so if North was displayed. The comments posted have mostly referred to the Pala-U Road, which does nothing towards indicating just where this proposed road is going to be. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

The map is in the land office. I took a photo of it 5 weeks ago. It is larger than the version above and shows soi 112 and further south.
Capture.JPG
It is not a bypass replacement. The idea is similar to the proposed inner ring road that used to be in dotted lines on the tourist maps 12-15 years ago !

Unfortunately, the max attachment size doesn't allow for a clear upload, but you should get the idea.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Is this just a plan or is it likely to happen. Looks like a lot of new roads including another link over the hills farther north than the one which passes Da Vinci School.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Mrs N got very hot under the collar about this, talking compulsory purchase of land/ property. She was given a pack that included forms to be returned by Monday if people had objections. My point to her that many felangs are away as it’s low season and may be effected by this and won’t have a chance to register their view.
TiT....I can think of loads of projects over the years that never came to fruition.....we still have the fishing peers, No food market near Cat disco, No high speed train ( yet!)

Lots of good ideas, but no funding because Thais don’t like paying taxes!