Help with car tax renewal

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Help with car tax renewal

Post by Nereus »

Zhen wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:44 pm My car is less than 5 year old. Oh ..forgotten about the complusory insurance, have bought the extra insurance recently.
Vincent, cannot read English anymore? :rasta:

What is "extra" insurance? Best you go to the the testing station and ask them to do it. Damn sure I would not drive it to Parnburi with an expireed registration! And the renewal "office" is DLT, Dept of Land Transport.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If he does drive to Pranburi, he needs to avoid the stretch of Petchkasem outside Market Village - he's likely to encounter a tea money collection point.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:16 pm If he does drive to Pranburi, he needs to avoid the stretch of Petchkasem outside Market Village - he's likely to encounter a tea money collection point.
Official fine is only 200.00 Bhat. Own experience.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:04 pm An easier place to find is KC Motors underneath the flyover. Driving south, take the U-turn under the flyover and the garage is on the left immediately after passing under the flyover. They'll do everything including the check, although your car doesn't need it. If you have separate insurance, take that with you as it will negate the need for government insurance.
Some 5 yrs. ago they wanted to cheat me at this place. For registration of my carry boy on the green book, they asked 4000.00 Bhat including tax (1100 Bhat) I said, will come back with the money and went next day to Pranburi with my wife. All cost about 300.00 Bhat.+ tax 1100.00 Bhat.
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zhen »

Woah....thanks for the advice! Unfortunately I have just paid for 1k baht for this expired tax and it's only a "1 day pass". Which is one reason why I would like to get this done as soon as possible. Hmm...would you guys be able to advise if the earlier recommended agents ope/operate on Sunday? I know the land transport office is open on Monday.
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zhen »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:25 pm
HHTel wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:04 pm An easier place to find is KC Motors underneath the flyover. Driving south, take the U-turn under the flyover and the garage is on the left immediately after passing under the flyover. They'll do everything including the check, although your car doesn't need it. If you have separate insurance, take that with you as it will negate the need for government insurance.
Some 5 yrs. ago they wanted to cheat me at this place. For registration of my carry boy on the green book, they asked 4000.00 Bhat including tax (1100 Bhat) I said, will come back with the money and went next day to Pranburi with my wife. All cost about 300.00 Bhat.+ tax 1100.00 Bhat.
4k baht vs to the actual amount is a huge difference!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

LTD at Pranburi is here: Khao Noi, Prachuap Khiri Khan

https://goo.gl/maps/qUVqk4YxCf82

Just need blue book and compulsory insurance certificate. There's an agent by the LTD gate that can sell you the insurance if you don't have it yet.

VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Ah. Nereus, was on page 1, screen did not refresh. My bad :oops:
วินเชนท์
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:25 pm
Yes, that would be correct. They sometimes charge a "rude tax" to some customers that piss them off. :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

1,100 tax! Is that extra tax for the carryboy? If it's for the whole vehicle, it's unusually cheap.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm 1,100 tax! Is that extra tax for the carryboy? If it's for the whole vehicle, it's unusually cheap.
[/qu

NO, NO, The usual tax for the pick up 2 doors was 1100.00 Bhat, the carryboy was not taxec when I bought the pick up, later the law changed and they put a surtax for carryboy and this should be mentioned on the green book.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Most important must be, that the insurance is up-to-date...And that can be done on-line [Mod Edit] Link Removed
Yes you will get fined for an old tax-sticker...but only 1% per month you are overdue.....!!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

T.O.M. wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:10 pm Most important must be, that the insurance is up-to-date...And that can be done on-line [Mod Edit] Link Removed
Yes you will get fined for an old tax-sticker...but only 1% per month you are overdue.....!!
Probably depends where you get caught. Happened to me in Bangkok and the MIB took my licence, 1,000 Baht to get it back. Wasn't even my car, just driving the bloody thing for my daughter. On the way to the DLT to pay it just to add insult to injury!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Nereus wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:23 pm
T.O.M. wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:10 pm Most important must be, that the insurance is up-to-date...And that can be done on-line [Mod Edit] Link Removed
Probably depends where you get caught. Happened to me in Bangkok and the MIB took my licence, 1,000 Baht to get it back. Wasn't even my car, just driving the bloody thing for my daughter. On the way to the DLT to pay it just to add insult to injury!
1000 in Bangkok, 200 for me on bypass close to Cha Am, another person I knew paid also 200 last year.
About percentage, I was 11 days late and still paid 200.......
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

One more thing to know: Keep the receipt with you, you have one week time to buy the new tax sticker.