Sending a motorcycle from HH to Tak.

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Sending a motorcycle from HH to Tak.

Post by huahin4ever »

I'm considering sending one of my motorcycles up north to my wife's family. This is a normal scooter 125cc. Would anyone here know someone which is providing such a service, and approx. price? From Hua Hin to Tak. If I had a pickup truck I would have considered bringing it myself, but I only have a SUV. All tips and recommendations appreciated.
YNWA
buksida

Re: Sending a motorcycle from HH to Tak.

Post by buksida »

I believe the post office offers this service, its worth asking anyway.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

^
I have used Thai Post in the past with big bikes. The service is pretty good. You may have to collect at the post office at the delivery end.
daddy

Post by daddy »

Yes, I can confirm that you can send it with the Thai Post. Some days before I sent a 125 cc-motobike from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Udon Thani and had to pay about 2400 Baht for this service.
You have to remove all fuel from the tank and break down both mirrors. And you have to bring along copies of all the papers of the bike.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Just to let people know, my wife sent our bike last week with Thai Post. She brought the bike to the main post office at the airport. She had to pay 1500 baht and the bike was delivered by truck to Tak with arrival the next day! Speedy and cheap if you ask me.
YNWA