Hua Hin Golf Gossip

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin Golf Gossip

Post by oakdale160 »

R&A are thinking of admitting ladies to the club. One headline said "soon ladies could be on the fairways at St A. This is inaccurate. TheR& A does NOT own the course, it just plays on it. It is owned by the city and women have played on it for years.
Bush-Hack
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bush-Hack »

Hi fellow golfers,
how good are the courses in Hua Hin ( Black Mountain, Banyan, Imperial and Majestic ) during rain? Are they draining very well? Has anybody here experience playing these courses during the wet season?
Cheers
B-H
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Bush-Hack wrote:Hi fellow golfers,
how good are the courses in Hua Hin ( Black Mountain, Banyan, Imperial and Majestic ) during rain? Are they draining very well? Has anybody here experience playing these courses during the wet season?
Cheers
B-H

I do not know about Majestic but all the other courses have very good drainage. After a tropical downpour one can play pretty much after it stops.

Otherwise its the usual problems of no run on the faiways etc
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

No problems with golf in the rainy season which is usually September and October. All the greens are built on sand bases and drain perfectly. Some fairways might get a bit soggy but just play lift and place. I believe Majestic did some drainage work last year. August and September is golf festival with lower green fees. August is a great time to visit with less people and just enough rain to keep the courses good. Most of the courses tend to do their green coring in May and September so usually the greens are good as well.
Bush-Hack
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bush-Hack »

musungu wrote:
Bush-Hack wrote:Hi fellow golfers,
Cheers
B-H

I do not know about Majestic but all the other courses have very good drainage. After a tropical downpour one can play pretty much after it stops.

Otherwise its the usual problems of no run on the faiways etc
Thanks for the info.
Bush-Hack
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bush-Hack »

heartofmidlothian wrote:No problems with golf in the rainy season which is usually September and October. All the greens are built on sand bases and drain perfectly. Some fairways might get a bit soggy but just play lift and place. I believe Majestic did some drainage work last year. August and September is golf festival with lower green fees. August is a great time to visit with less people and just enough rain to keep the courses good. Most of the courses tend to do their green coring in May and September so usually the greens are good as well.

Thanks for the info. cheers
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Centara World Masters begins in Thailand" (Hua Hin)

"More than 500 golfers representing 23 countries have arrived in Thailand for the inaugural Centara World Masters Golf Championship, starting in Hua Hin today (Sunday).

The sell-out event is a welcome boon to Thailand’s tourism which has seen many events and conferences cancelled in recent months.
The tournament has attracted big numbers from Australia, Singapore, India and New Zealand. The event’s international appeal has brought golfers from France, Germany, the United States and United Kingdom. South East Asia is well represented with 85 players, including eight from host country Thailand.

The Centara World Masters is open to golfers aged 35 and over, with competition across 14 divisions based on age and handicap. Golfers will play the country’s top-ranking Black Mountain, Banyan, Majestic Creek and Imperial Lake View golf clubs and will compete for more than 1 million Thai baht in prizes. ..."

http://www.eturbonews.com/46927/centara ... s-thailand
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
angkor69
Rookie
Rookie

Post by angkor69 »

I'm coming to HH on Sep 5th...and from 6 to 8...I'd like to play golf...
I think to play...1)Black Mountain...2)Imperial lakeview and 3)Majestic Creek.......
I have only 3 days....

A must course in HH....please recommend ...
(I've already been to Banyan...so I excluded it this time...)

Another question;;;

Can I play only 9 hole in Sea Pine??? maybe in the afternoon....during HH golf festival...
If can...what's the price for 9 hole?? I want to play back 9 holes(10~18) of Sea pine..

Thanks,,,,
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

No 9 hole rates here am afraid, enjoy your golf :). Have you played Springfield already... if you can on your trip from BKK or on the way back you could play Royal Ratchaburi, its super cheap (under 1000 baht!) and super fantastic course.. you wont regret it am can assure you :).
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Agree with JW. Royal Ratchaburi is a great course and last time I was there (about 9 months ago), it was 680 THB for green fee and caddie - midweek.
angkor69
Rookie
Rookie

Post by angkor69 »

JW wrote:No 9 hole rates here am afraid, enjoy your golf :). Have you played Springfield already... if you can on your trip from BKK or on the way back you could play Royal Ratchaburi, its super cheap (under 1000 baht!) and super fantastic course.. you wont regret it am can assure you :).
Thanks..JW...

Banyan play after 3pm 2,050 bhat(all including cart), 4pm 1,500 bhat(same)...

I saw above....that's why I'm asking the 9 hole price if possible...
maybe after 3~4pm...9 holes can be played....
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

I believe only Banyan offer this kind of 9 hole rate and a good idea it is too.
Was just looking at the Black Mountain website and could not find their green fee rates?? Found the rates for the 9 holer no problem. Was wondering what they were going to charge during the golf festival? I see Banyan are charging 1800 baht during the fesival. Is it 1000 baht at the other courses?
I do agree that Royal Ratchaburi is a gem and well worth a day trip.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi Angkor,, do you live in Siem Reap and own a French restaurant?
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Sea Pines are doing a twilight round till the end of the month.
Start time from 2.30pm. 800 green fee and caddie (500+300).