Krang Kachan Golf Course

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Krang Kachan Golf Course

Post by JW »

Played at Krang Kachan last week for the first time in almost 2 years. We played the new "Nicklaus" 9 and the original front 9.
The new 9 is absolutley stunning, what i would call a "proper" golf course, each hole sets up and makes it clear what is required (i hit a lot of Unrequired shots!) and gives shots that are memorable. The condition was excellent, greens accepting spun and rolling well.

The price was 1200 including caddy which was excellent value.
I had one of the best days golf for a long time, stunning scenery great course.

YOU GOTTA GO GUYS AND GALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Stu-Pot

Post by Stu-Pot »

JW,

You are spot on! The new 9 layout is very nice, and makes the trip out of town worthwhile. Have not been for ages, so delighted to hear that they are keeping the conditions good.

Perhaps it's possible to go around the new 9 twice??
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Driving directions to the course please, and costs?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Its fairly easy to find - basically turn left at the Ta Yang traffic lights and follow the signs, you get to a T junction without signs, turn right there - pretty much straight on from there. takes about an hour.
There is a short cut going round the back of springfield, maybe someone knows that way!
1200 baht on Thursdays inc caddy. Dont think they allow 2 rounds on the new course.

Enjoy!
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Good post JW ! We also went up there twice last month and really enjoyed it.

We were very pleased with the quality of the fairways on all three nines and the general condition of the entire facility....and we second your opinion on the new nine, it is beautiful.

This is definitely a must play if you haven't tried it yet.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

T.I.G.R. - Please check your PM inbox :thumb:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact