Majestic Creek Country Club & Resort

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Majestic Creek

Re: Majestic Creek Country Club & Resort

Post by Majestic Creek »

The April Songkran Festival is now finished, butwe are doing a similar promotion for all of May, assisted by our sponsor KVIK. We will do an inclusive fee of 1500 Bht for a round of golf, caddie fee and golf cart. Also, we are offering an over night accommodation package for 1000 bht inclusive of breakfast.

We now run a regular weekly members and guests competition, which is held every thursday.

It is normally a stableford competiton, but we also do a momthly medal and also do team events.

Look on our web site for more details or ring the Majestic Creek Club house on 032-619-168
Majestic Creek

Re: Majestic Creek Country Club & Resort-greens

Post by Majestic Creek »

As many golfers are aware, Majestic Creek has had some problems with the putting surfaces on the greens on A course since it's opening in February this year. We have resolved the issues on all but one green, the par three number 4 on "A" course. We still have an algae problem on this green.
Our green keeper has tried many solutions to resolve this problem,without success, so we have decided to rebuild the green and re-turf the surface with Tifeagle grass.
We are currently preparing a temporary green on the right hand side of the main green, which should be ready to play in about ten days time.
As soon as this temporary green is ready, work will commence to rebuild the main green. We are also lowering the water level of the lake in front of the green as it has been suggetsted that water may be seeping under the green causing the base level to be too wet.
We will then investigate the base of the green and rebuild it in accordance with the specification laid down by the Suppliers of Tifeagle Grass, ensuring that the drainage is correct and any excess water will drain away into the lake.
This may also involve raising the level and contours of the green as well. This process should allow us to reopen the new green approximately six weeks after the work has commenced, subject to the weather conditions being favourable.
We can assure every one that we will endevour to rectify this problem as efficiently as possible without causing too much inconvenience to the enjoyment of our member's and visitor's game.
During the month of October we will be offering a 50% discount off our normal rate of 2500 bht to 1250 bht plus caddie fee of 300 bht.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Good to hear that the problems are getting better and an excellent idea to offer a discounted green fee for October. Are you going to sod or sprig the new green? 6 weeks from grassing to opening is not enough time for a new green. I was always told that 3 months was a realistic time for grassing to opening.
How is the C course progressing? When is it expected to open? It is a beautiful piece of land and an excellent layout, just a shame it was built so cheap originally.
Majestic Creek

Post by Majestic Creek »

When the green base is laid and has the correct drainage, we will lay turf which will be removed from other areas on the course not being used at the moment. We are also going to cultivate new grass from Tifeagle, which can be used to repair any other areas of green that require improvement, on A course.

Course C is scheduled to open before the end of the year, weather permitting. There is a lot of work progressing on C course, with new buggy paths, re-shaping of greens and new refreshment huts. But our priority is to get the green on A4 up to standard, as we now have with the rest of A course.
HHHH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by HHHH »

Played Majestic Creek today and what a disappointment. From previous messages, had hoped the course would be in good condition but it was not. Very disappointed with the whole place from unkempt bunkers, inconsistent greens and discarded rubbish around the course. Why don't they put bins at each tee box so cans etc can be put in them rather than putting them in trees or just throwing them down. No seats anywhere around the course at tee boxes to rest while waiting for fairway to clear. Women's changing room was small, poorly equipped, smelt of drains and the ceiling over the shower was covered with mould from leaking water. At a high season rate of B2,500 a round - definitely a no-no. Never again!!
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

It is very sad to hear that Majestic are not in good shape for their first high season since the renovation. A lot of big promises made but I guess the owner wasn't really involved in something that he knows about. Costs a lot of money to turn a golf course around and involves hiring good people. From what I hear, the maintenance crew are so set in their ways of doing things that any effort to improve or change just ends up with the newcomer being threatened. I really want to see them get the course sorted out, because we really need another membership option in town. Going to be a brave man who is willing to sort out the problems. I hear Gavan is going to be the maintenance consultant, which is a good start, but also needs a good crew who are willing to work hard and take pride in their work.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

a good crew who are willing to work hard and take pride in their work.
From owning a large property with a lot of moving parts I can tell you that is difficult to find in this country.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Majestic Creek

Post by Majestic Creek »

It was disappointing to see the adverse comments regarding Majestic Creek, but you can't please all the people all the time? Maybe one persons view of a course can be tempered by how well they played, or not?
Regarding the bins on the tees, there are very large ceramic pots, three or four in some cases, that double as sand containers to fill in divots, and rubbish bins for plastic bottles etc. These have the Majestic logo, brown in colour aand are normally quite visible and apparent as to what they are there for. We would be reluctant to actually label them ' rubbish container' as we would have to do this in Swedish, German, Korean, Thai, English, Dutch and it wouldn't really add to the aesthetics of the course.
You will not have the benefit of checking this out, as you will quite clearly not be joining us again.
Regarding the greens, it is well documented that we have struggled with the greens on A course, and are pleased that we have now got the assistance of Gavin as a consultant to sort the issues out.
He did an inspection on saturday, with Khun Thanachai, our owner, David Baker from the Committee and the green keeper.
His report on the progress was very encouraging, the deep coring has worked well on half the green area that has been treated on each of the eighteen holes, and there is good quality growth appearing.
There are some areas of green that are constantly in shadow, due to palm tree locations, so these trees will be uprooted and moved to enable these areas to get constant sunlight.
All this is part of the ongoing effort to get the greens to top standard, and at last, there seems to be some progress.
We have to thank Gavin and the green staff for their efforts.
As to the overall condition of Majestic, it is in great condition and the fact that our twice weekly competitions draw 70 to 80 regular attendees is testament to how good the course is.
On a final note, we do intend to resite the ladies changing room, and recognise it is not good enough for the image we are trying to project, but the priorities at the moment is to get the playability to top standards, then we can address the other issues.
My suggestion is to come and play Majestic and make your own minds up.
Awu

Post by Awu »

The big mistake that Majestic does is take full green fee when the greens are so bad, lower the price by 30% so maybe people have more understanding and forgiveness for the bad quality green while you are trying to get them in order.
As it is, it is no wonder if you play once and never again, felt just the same when I played the course 2 months ago.
2500 baht for Majestic is a big NO NO.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Interesting response from Majestic Creek. Your opening paragraph is really quite silly. The whole point of this forum is so people can say what they think. You just can't say that a course is in good condition when the greens are poor, because the greens are the most important aspect. Really hope you get your problems sorted out soon. We want another well maintained course in the area.
The Kings Cup , at Black Mountain, was a fantastic event with some very good golf in windy conditions. Course is in brilliant condition. Come on Banyan, let's see you have a big tournament sometime.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

HHHH wrote:Played Majestic Creek today and what a disappointment. From previous messages, had hoped the course would be in good condition but it was not. Very disappointed with the whole place from unkempt bunkers, inconsistent greens and discarded rubbish around the course. Why don't they put bins at each tee box so cans etc can be put in them rather than putting them in trees or just throwing them down. No seats anywhere around the course at tee boxes to rest while waiting for fairway to clear. Women's changing room was small, poorly equipped, smelt of drains and the ceiling over the shower was covered with mould from leaking water. At a high season rate of B2,500 a round - definitely a no-no. Never again!!

Muirfield has the right idea, women are not catered for.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Well at least one thing they are getting right. The restaurant has great food (with a view) for a very reasonable price. I am not playing any longer (at least for now) but we drive all the way out there just to eat an early (before sunset) dinner sometimes with the great food and the pleasant surroundings. Kudos to the chef and restaurant staff. :thumb:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
HHnewbie2014
Rookie
Rookie

Post by HHnewbie2014 »

Gosh. Sounds like the course is poorly kept.

Will be playing a round next week. Shall update the condition!
Awu

Post by Awu »

Played Majestic yesterday and I am happy not being a member, I heard members saying to eachother the greens getting better, but for me as normally play at Lake View the greens was terrible, this is not golf, this is a joke.
Or am I the only one wanting my ball to actually roll on the green, not bounce..
The greens at Majestic is the worst i seen in Thailand, and the biggest joke is the greenfee of 2500 baht, ridiculous and I will not come back.
There is so many nice golf courses around Hua Hin so there is no need to play Majestic.
Majestic Creek

Re: Majestic Creek Country Club & Resort Sports Day

Post by Majestic Creek »

[Admin edit: post removed, advertising was cancelled 3 months ago - please contact headoffice@huahinmedia.com if you wish to renew.]