Mini golf

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Mini golf

Post by bsdk1960 »

was talking with a friend and we remember playing mini golf somewhere on Petchakam road back in the 90's but was sure were it was. I say it was about were Market village is now, but he say further south
but before the flyover.
Can someone help us sorting out this question for us, the looser have to buy a beer :D
Thanks.

:cheers: :cheers:
PeteC

Re: Mini golf

Post by PeteC »

Does one exist now? Good addition to any holiday town. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

I did a quick search on the internet and an archive site and only found mention of mini-golf on soi 116/1, no idea what year or if its still going.

I agree with you Pete, a friend of mine thought about doing this but was worried about initial cost out-lay and earning potential. He believed it might become a ghost town during the week. He was looking at a 'crazy-golf' type course similar to places I remember from Orlando with windmills etc.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The place to do it would probably be at one of the water parks as an added attraction. They have the land already. A private individual sourcing the land would be prohibitive, and it has to be close in to get foot traffic.

There was one at the corner of Beach Road and Central in Pattaya for a decade or more. Always seemed full to me and it wasn't a fancy one, just basic Thai made. It's now a restaurant. :(
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^ there was/is a course there but never go there,the sign that was on the road have been up and down for a couple of years.

zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

My friend already has a 3 rai plot near the 2nd floating market so he was thinking he might be able to 'cash in' from that. I think he's trying to sell it now though...
Jools

Post by Jools »

There is a basic crazy golf course at SeaJays resort off PalaU Road. Not sure of the price. Also lawn bowls there.
Play Up Pompey
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

We've hijacked Bsdk's thread. :D A beer is at stake concerning location so I'll bump his original question........
bsdk1960 wrote:was talking with a friend and we remember playing mini golf somewhere on Petchakam road back in the 90's but was sure were it was. I say it was about were Market village is now, but he say further south
but before the flyover.
Can someone help us sorting out this question for us, the looser have to buy a beer :D
Thanks.

lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

The only mini golf (pitch and putt) I was aware of was where Tavimook driving range is now. That's just off Petchkasem Road but just north of HH hospital.
If it turns out to be the right place then I reckon that the OP and friend might have had a few beers before the game and no-one'll win the bet!!
James77Edwards
Amateur
Amateur

Post by James77Edwards »

I enjoy a game of golf...

But crazy golf was always a good giggle after a few beers :cheers:
Years ago I was in Greece there was a great one there...
not very big...just a clever layout...especially as every hole
had a place to 'rest' your drinks as you went around...

may or may not work over here....you just don't know....
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think we have cultural confusion here. Miniature golf in the US is what I think you're calling "crazy golf". A putting course only with weird things like waterfalls, windmills, bank shots, ramps etc.

Mini Golf may be a Danish term for the same thing as the OP is from there....OR....it could mean the below?

Mini golf to UK people seems to mean pitch & putt?....a short Par 3 more or less.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

yes mini golf is just as you describe it in denmark. Pete.
these days we lived our live in binta, and didn't venture out at that area so much ,sometimes go to the beach if it was heating up to much,and get away from the girls,but eating,sleeping ,drinking laundry etc. was around that area so if the course was up north we really got it wrong :oops: or maybe the taxi mafia beats us already at that time just driving us around :laugh:
thanks to all and looks like the bet is of but a lots more to be done with this kind of memories :D

bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

well was in for a couple of beer at Billy Bar and spoke with Billy and he remembered the Mini golf
course as he has played there him self but was not 100 % sure but he meant it was after Market village,so if any one can confirm or whatever it would nice.

dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

I have been looking back through my old photos and there are some of a group of us at a crazy golf course, but my memory is a bit hazy as to where it was.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

dozer wrote:I have been looking back through my old photos and there are some of a group of us at a crazy golf course, but my memory is a bit hazy as to where it was.
yes my memories fade at many occasion to :oops: