Golf driving range

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
pjoz15
Rookie
Rookie

Golf driving range

Post by pjoz15 »

Coming back to HH in a couple of months and would like to know if there are any golf driving ranges near the centre of town or at least not too far away.
I dont need to drag a whole bag around, just a few clubs so tuktuk or taxis could be an option.
I saw one at Royal Hua Hin last time I was there but would like to know if driving ranges attached to golf courses are open to the public or only open to players booked for a round.
I'm a bit of a range rat and finding a place near where I want to live would be great.
Thanks everyone.
lomuamart

Re: Golf driving range

Post by lomuamart »

The course ranges are open to the public so you could use HHGC. However, mats and balls aren't that great there.
Alternatively, there's Pae Mai range at the start of the canal road and Tavimook on Petchkasem Road not far past HH Hospital. Both of these are better ranges and offer different quality balls- ie 50 a tray for grade A and 40 for grade B (40 balls to a tray).
pjoz15
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pjoz15 »

Thanks lomuamart.
Had a look on google earth and saw where the Tavimook was. Looks good and easy to get to.
Pae Mai I think I found but I've got a pretty good idea where it is.
BTW I met some golfers from the HH Golf Society at Bernys bar (and Berny) last time I was there.
I know his bar has closed but their website doesnt say where or if they have a new meeting place.
Do you or anyone else know?
Cheers.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Bernie's hasn't closed. You may be mistaking it for Billy's Bar.
pjoz15
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pjoz15 »

That's it. A case of not reading a previous post correctly.
Thanks very much.