Royal Hua Hin GC Dec 2015 Review

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
father
Amateur
Amateur

Royal Hua Hin GC Dec 2015 Review

Post by father »

Just finished playing rhhgc today. Heard it wasn't in great shape but wanted to give it a go for nostalgia reasons.
Overall at 2000 baht green fee it is way over priced. Worth a 1000 baht at best. Suggest you go to Thanarat instead for similar conditions but way better value. For that kind of money I'd play Seapines every time.
Caddy was very good. Food was very good in clubhouse and well priced. Drinks on course very reasonable.
Greens are mostly bumpy. Tee boxes mostly rough, especially par 3's. Fairways so so. Rough needs to be cut and with a better rotary mower. Bunkers mostly poor and lots of little rocks. Easy enough to walk. Driving range adequate. Easy to walk to from my hotel. Won't play again.
Nothappyjan

Re: Royal Hua Hin GC Dec 2015 Review

Post by Nothappyjan »

It is a lovely place to play golf, but not in the high season. The green fee is simply ridiculous for such a poorly maintained course.
It is a much better proposition in the low season when the heavy rains make it reasonable to play on.
Service from the staff is pretty miserable who have a couldn't care less attitude.
I wouldn't dream of playing there from November to April.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Packs of wild dogs live on the course. They often invade the bunkers leaving impossible lies for the golfers. Raking the bunkers is only a short term (5 minute) solution as the dogs will inevitable return.

Agree with the overpriced green fee.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Looking for an update on Royal HH, especially Green anyone played in last month or so. When I played in 2015 the greens were like temporary greens in UK but someone recently said they were fast! Any updates appreciated

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk