Dragon Hills, Ratchaburi

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
lomuamart

Dragon Hills, Ratchaburi

Post by lomuamart »

Thought I'd post a review of the above as I was there yesterday.
It must have been 4 or 5 years since I'd played the course and I was really looking forward to taking it on again.
For a Thursday and a tee off time of 10am, the course was pretty quiet. As we were finishing, the first tee was backed up with masses of carts. So, I suppose choose a morning, mid week to play?
Green fee and caddie was 860 THB (560+300).
We were given a warm welcome together with a small bottle of water and a 2017 desk calendar with great photos of the course.
Then on to the game. The front 9 was quite wet after all the recent rains but it was more than playable - just long!! The back 9 was drier - but still long!! The greens weren't that fast which was just as well because there are some fearsome slopes on most of them. The bunkers on the front 9 were compacted sand but I suppose that's just a factor of water/rain running downhill. They'll dry out. It is not an easy course and it definitely got the better of me yesterday :bow: But I'll be back!!
Enough. I know that the area has Royal Ratchaburi and Panurangsri nearby both of which I've played recently and are great courses but don't forget about Dragon Hills.
Some of the scenery and the lay out of the holes is breathtaking. And if the course gets the better of you, well just have a beer!! :rasta: