Shipping golf club from BKK airport to Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
valrhona

Shipping golf club from BKK airport to Hua Hin

Post by valrhona »

Hi,

I am planning to come play some golf during the festival however I am also hoping to cycle from Singapore to Hua HIn. My plan would be to fly to BKK and somehow send my clubs to Hua HIn and then pick them up once I have finished my ride north a couple of weeks later. I have read that people use the post office for motorbike. Could I do that from the post office at the airport and pick up the clubs in Hua Hin? Could I use the airport bus company and pick it up at their office in Hua Hin? Perhaps a regular taxi service would do it on one of their runs? Open to suggestions of course...

Cheers
aragon
Professional
Professional

Re: Shipping golf club from BKK airport to Hua Hin

Post by aragon »

Why don't you just have a family member, or friend or colleague send them to you by DHL or UPS or whomever, once you know that you are a couple of days out from HH. That's got to be a lot easier and cheaper than hauling them to BKK and then returning to SIN, unless of course you happen to travelling to BKK on business or something (aircrew maybe) anyway??
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
valrhona

Post by valrhona »

Thanks but I'll be in BKK anyway and it seems easier to avoid international shipping
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I've shipped a motorcycle through the post office a couple times, works fine. I would suggest having someone pick up the clubs for you, rather than long storage at the post office.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

RCer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:52 pm I would suggest having someone pick up the clubs for you, rather than long storage at the post office.
In which case it might be worth putting them on a mini-bus - faster.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18