Global Warming 2

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Global Warming 2

Post by redzonerocker »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 am Global warming or not? The following article highlights the massive melting of ice in the Antarctic over the past 25 years - difficult to visualize how much 3 trillion tonne is, other than an awful lot!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44470208
Any thing reported by the BBC these days has to be taken with a pinch of salt, such is their left wing bias and selective reporting.

Just remember, Greenland was once actually a 'green' land, farmed by it's early inhabitants.
Discoveries of lush tropical grasses and trees have been found under the melted ice in areas of Antarctica.

Climate change has been around since the year dot, it's only nowadays that people are trying to profiteer from it.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

redzonerocker wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 am Global warming or not? The following article highlights the massive melting of ice in the Antarctic over the past 25 years - difficult to visualize how much 3 trillion tonne is, other than an awful lot!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44470208
Any thing reported by the BBC these days has to be taken with a pinch of salt, such is their left wing bias and selective reporting.

Just remember, Greenland was once actually a 'green' land, farmed by it's early inhabitants.
Discoveries of lush tropical grasses and trees have been found under the melted ice in areas of Antarctica.

Climate change has been around since the year dot, it's only nowadays that people are trying to profiteer from it.
Although I agree that the BBC are not as trustworthy in what and how they report these days, the article quotes many prominent scientists who have been studying the changing conditions over many years, so I believe the article has some credence, but I guess with numbers, you can make things look better or worse by the slant you put on them.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

From fifty odd million years ago when C02 levels were more than double what they are now and sea levels were 200 feet higher!
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

STEVE G wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:25 pm From fifty odd million years ago when C02 levels were more than double what they are now and sea levels were 200 feet higher!
You were there were you? :wink:

Don't tell me, based on some scientific model, accurately of course, just like the Climategate graphs and data they got away with falsifying to suit their needs.
You actually believe all that crap you're fed. :roll:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:14 pm Although I agree that the BBC are not as trustworthy in what and how they report these days, the article quotes many prominent scientists who have been studying the changing conditions over many years, so I believe the article has some credence, but I guess with numbers, you can make things look better or worse by the slant you put on them.
So did the 'Climategate' global warming scandal. :wink:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I suppose people a hundred odd years ago tried to stop petrol taking over from horses to protect the profits of horsefeed companies!
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

Post by JWWhite »

Politically Motivated Studies Conclude: Global Warming Will Reduce Agricultural Production
https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/env ... production
MY in BS full of BS.
“When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.” Stephen Jay Gould
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

Post by JWWhite »

“Antarctica loses three trillion tonnes of ice in 25 years”–BBC
A really quite disgracefully misleading and emotive headline from the BBC:
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpre ... years-bbc/
MY in BS full of BS.
“When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.” Stephen Jay Gould
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
- H. L. Mencken
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Homer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 am The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
- H. L. Mencken
shh .... people might start thinking for themselves. :cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Jim Bridenstine’s sudden agreement with the scientific consensus on climate change hints that the GOP isn’t as skeptical about the science when it suits them

https://rantt.com/republican-climate-ch ... real-hoax/

"Of course, this would mean that the Republican stance on climate change is deeply cynical and many don’t really believe their own talking points on the subject. They’re just using it as another wedge culture war issue to get themselves elected and protecting donors’ profits to fund their campaigns by keeping the scientists off their backs long enough for said donors to make a profitable, slow, transition to green energy if and when they choose to do so."
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

JWWhite wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:13 am “Antarctica loses three trillion tonnes of ice in 25 years”–BBC
A really quite disgracefully misleading and emotive headline from the BBC:
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpre ... years-bbc/
Yep, that's the good old taxpayer funded BBC for you. . . . . . . . . used to be well respected, these days they are a complete joke. :guns:
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

Post by JWWhite »

Minimal East Antarctic Ice Sheet retreat onto land during the past eight million years
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-018-0155-6
MY in BS full of BS.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

laphanphon wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:19 am
Homer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 am The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
- H. L. Mencken
shh .... people might start thinking for themselves. :cheers:
Thinking for themselves? I wouldn't worry about that, there's no evidence to support that supposition. :blues:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

To be honest, there isn't all that much thinking to be done, the world is about to change to a new era of cheap, sustainable energy:

New US Solar Record — 2.155 Cents Per kWh!
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/06/14/ne ... y-storage/