STUDY: Women Don’t Want to Date Vegetarian Men

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

STUDY: Women Don’t Want to Date Vegetarian Men

Post by JWWhite »

https://pjmedia.com/trending/study-wome ... arian-men/
The findings of a new study from the University of Padova should spell concern for any man considering going vegetarian or vegan.

http://psycnet.apa.org/record/2017-26154-001

The study, “Eating Meat Makes You Sexy: Conformity to Dietary Gender Norms and Practices,” was published in the recent issue of Psychology of Men and Masculinity and was led by University of Padova researchers Susanna Timeo and Caterina Suitner.

Though some academics have previously linked meat-eating to masculinity, Timeo and Suitner sought to test this connection in the lab. To do this, they designed three experiments and recruited a total of 228 men and women under the age of 50 to take part.

During one of the experiments, 50 Italian women were presented with fictional accounts of vegetarian men and meat-eaters, and were asked to rate each man with descriptors such as “attractive,” “ideal partner,” “sexy,” and “I would date him.”

For example, one fictional omnivorous man was described as follows:
Alessandro is a 29-year-old guy ... He works as a personal trainer and lives in an apartment with a friend. His hobbies are playing tennis and playing bass guitar ... His favorite dishes are polenta, salami
MY in BS full of BS.
“When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.” Stephen Jay Gould
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: STUDY: Women Don’t Want to Date Vegetarian Men

Post by margaretcarnes »

It never fails to amaze me how many odd surveys there are. That said the results of this one seems to make sense if you go back to the caveman hunter provider thing. How many women back then would have fancied a guy who brought back a load of veggies? And apart from that vegetarians probably break more wind...
Seriously though I saw a recent survey result which found people can have memories of things from the age of 2. Well well - I could have told them that years ago!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Well if they don't eat meat, how can you expect.......never mind
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I also saw newspaper articles recently saying that women find slightly sexist men more attractive. Sexist as in opening doors for them, and generally acting as though women should be cared for and treated with respect just because they are women.

Obviously 1950s stuff like: "don't worry your silly little head about that, darling" is right out...
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

404cameljockey wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:31 am Obviously 1950s stuff like: "don't worry your silly little head about that, darling" is right out...
:lach:

How times have changed.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.