Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Homer
Legend
Legend

Re: Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Post by Homer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:57 pm

In March last year, the Orchid Resort was 990b including breakfast and airport shuttle.

m_right
Professional
Professional

Post by m_right » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:42 pm

I love the airport bus service. Previously I would use the minibus and it was hell worrying about is I would get there alive. When the service started and the buses were new it was very pleasant. The buses are now a few years old and the last time was not so good. The shock absorbers must have been the originals. The bus swayed back and forth so bad I thought we might tip over. Still better than the minibuses.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:59 am

pitsch wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 pm
Last time I was in the Regent Suvarnabhumi Hotel for less than 800 Baht including free transfer from and to the Airport. Room was simple but quiet.
Homer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:57 pm
In March last year, the Orchid Resort was 990b including breakfast and airport shuttle.
Thanks guys.

caller
Addict
Addict

Post by caller » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:02 am

m_right wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:42 pm
The bus swayed back and forth so bad I thought we might tip over.
I noticed that on Thursday heading to Bkk, but only on Rama II road, so wasn't sure whether it was the shocks or the road surface? It was a forward / backwards type of role. I guess speed might be a factor as well?
Talk is cheap

matador
Rookie
Rookie

Post by matador » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:30 pm

caller wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:15 pm
matador wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 pm
I believe they changed it. Was nice to see how many seats left before you booked.

I booked a seat for a friend this past weekend, you can pick your seat *after* payment.
I supposed if you got through booking part, then it means a seat was available.
I appreciate your feedback - thanks.

I just booked a seat and as you say, you pay up front now and a good addition is the ability to select your seat once you have paid.

It also gives you the option of changing your trip, I have no idea if you are automatically redirected to this if your original choice is not available?

But if a group wanted to travel, I think the old system would make life a lot easier. I can't uderstand why they can't still show how many seats are available before you book? If they did that, their booking system would be perfect.
I think if a group wants to go, a taxi makes sense. At 270+50 online fee = 320 x3/4 people.. for not much more you can get a taxi.

Otherwise agree with you.