Jet airlines

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
HHHH
Rookie
Rookie

Jet Airways

Post by HHHH »

Flew to Kathmandu from London with them in November and couldn't fault them. Good check in service at LHR Terminal 3 - that's a wonder!

Good food with a menu given out before the meal and even had real metal knives and forks and a linen serviette. Good drinks service with generous slugs of spirit. Helpful staff on the planes.

Only a slight hiccup is that the ground service is not as good as the service on the planes.

But given that they are generally much cheaper than the other airlines, well worth travelling on them.
jimflan
Amateur
Amateur

Jet

Post by jimflan »

I've flown Jet several times between India & UK and they are excellent
- planes are new and good quality as is the service. Only downside is changing in Mumbai - the airport's a dump
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Just got back home to the UK. Again Jet were good,food,hospitality etc etc, didn't seem as good on the return but that might be because i was miserable before i got boarded. Had a problem at mumbai,had everything scanned again for some reason(even though we all got frog marched from one gate to another) and an over zeleous security guard wouldn't let me take my duty free as hand luggage.I don't know why,i couldn't get a lot of sense out of him. A real pain for me as i only had hand luggage and a planned quick gettaway at lhr.I had to repack everthing so it could go in the hold. There was nobody from jet airways around to help or explain anything and i had to go hunting for a jet employee who took care of my bag(and a few more from other passengers).
After that we didn't know what gate we was supposed to go to,all it said on the ticket was 'tbc'.Again,no jet emloyee was anywhere to be found and we wandered around just looking for a departure board.
All in all,Jet are good in the air and in all fairness i guess thier hands are tied having to run out of such an antiquated scruffy airport and as mentioned in a previous post,the ground staff aren't too good.
Will i use them again???? Mai Khaow tai????
Howay the Lads!!!!
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

bubbly wrote:an over zeleous security guard wouldn't let me take my duty free as hand luggage.
Passengers are advised to pack any liquids they do not need on the aircraft into their hold baggage.

Read more here about security issues bubbly:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroo ... blicSafety
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

That just sounds like security guard silliness, which you get at airports the world over, because duty-free liquids purchased inside the airport are supposed to be exempt from these restrictions on carrying liquids.