Air Asia - free flight offer returns

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Governor
Professional
Professional

Air Asia - free flight offer returns

Post by Governor »

Air Asia are doing another of their free flight promotions starting at midnight, well at 00.01 tomorrow actually.

Flights are from May to October next year, certainly worth a look if you can plan that far ahead.
airborn
Amateur
Amateur

Post by airborn »

Thanks Governor,

just booked a flight to macao for mt family in mid July...

just hope that the airline is still around at that time..(have bad experience of purchasing lowcost airline tickets one year ahead)
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

And I have just booked to go to Bali next summer, total of 1600 Baht for the two of us, me thinks that's a good deal.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Just tried booking a flight to HK for myself, wife and two kids but the quoted price is almost 20,000 baht so hardly free, unless I'm missing something. Perhaps you can only get the free seats via phone bookings????

Any advice welcome as I'd really like to get the kids to HK Disney next year.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

Takiap wrote:Just tried booking a flight to HK for myself, wife and two kids but the quoted price is almost 20,000 baht so hardly free, unless I'm missing something. Perhaps you can only get the free seats via phone bookings????

Any advice welcome as I'd really like to get the kids to HK Disney next year.
No, you can only book online and the system is painfully slow there are many people trying to grab these flights. I got a number of gateway timeouts before I got my booking, one word of warning I even got a timeout after I had submitted my card details, I checked and the booking had been made.

If you click through the offer link, you can check the availability of the free flights. You will of course still pay the taxes, pre-booked seats, any luggage you want to check, you will be charged for insurance unless you deselect it, and they have just stuck on a "convenience fee" of 50 Baht per leg per person for using any kind of payment card.

Hong Kong is a very popular route.
Clabibi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Clabibi »

You have to keep changing the flight dates in order to search for $0.00 flights.

We secured a HKG trip for 4718 Baht return for 2 person!! obviously only paying for extra luggage, cos of the SHOPPING =), airport tax and insurance.

The system is super slow now, but I'm gonna keep trying for a trip to Hanoi/Ho Chih Min
airborn
Amateur
Amateur

Post by airborn »

return ticket Bangkok-Krabi for family of 5

850THB in total :D
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

This is a great help when searching air asia flights. this address gives you 15days of flights in one list.
http://www.airasiaplus.com.
Has not been working for a few days due to system overload, but is great when it gets up and going.
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"