Oman Airlines?

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Oman Airlines?

Post by margaretcarnes »

Can anyone comment on this airline from personal experience please? My sis has seen flights with them - Heathrow/Bangkok - for next January for £408 inc. all taxes, but it's a new one on me. :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Big Boy

Re: Oman Airlines?

Post by Big Boy »

I booked with them yesterday - WestEast Travel are doing £376 return. The aircraft are brand new, and 34" seat pitch. Actually looks too good to be true.

I too would be interested to hear comments.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Long layover at some desert outpost BB? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Muscat - 2 hours one way and 4 hours the other. 4 hours is a little long, but I personally prefer the Middle East airlines with a stopover half way. It's just persuading Mrs BB that it's a good idea :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

When's your flight BB? Just curious because of the very low price. The stopovers actually aren't too bad BTW. I've spent more than 4 hours in Schipol on the return trip from Bangkok to Humberside - so near and yet so far!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

4 hours Mags?

You could have swum it over to spurn point in 3. With a tail wind of course!!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Good afternoon you guys

BTW: These Brand New Aiplanes yhat Oman Air has gotten are almost all Airbusses A330-200 and 300 ones!
Me had never flown with Oman before but would like to try!
But with an very tempting offer from Air Berlin flying directly to my Hometown and with a prices sometimes under 500 Euros seems to be to hard to resist for me!!!

Your's The understudy!!!
P.s On Assignemt in L. A. to gauge how Thais in the Think about the current turmoil in Thai Politics!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Booked 3 friends on them beginning of February they are not travelling till end of April.
Nice and cheap and stopover not so bad.

Made one big mistake that cost me 402.00 pounds, booked one of them as say Harry Smith, two days later had a thought that his passport name is Harold Smith, called them and they flatly refused to change the christian name as the eticket had been sent. 100% cancellation fee. Had to book again on the same flights new ticket 456.00. Bloody gutted. Credit Card company could not do any thing and did not book any insurance with the ticket. Office in London was very very unfriendly about it, in fact sounded like they were rubbing their hands together and enjoyed having this type of error. Just to add they asked for the date of birth when I originally booked so it was not a fraud case of switching tickets and the surname was not as common as Smith.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

JG

Couldn't your friend have tried to swing it blaming the mistake on the travel company?

Had friends over recently and the ticket said Lyn but her passport said Rosalind. Cost them 30 minutes trying to sort it but eventually won through.

Have heard of cases where the immigration database has your name wrong way round and that has caused total confusion. That was someone leaving Thailand and then returning
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

margaretcarnes wrote:When's your flight BB? Just curious because of the very low price. The stopovers actually aren't too bad BTW. I've spent more than 4 hours in Schipol on the return trip from Bangkok to Humberside - so near and yet so far!
I'm flying out on 15 Oct and returning 16 Nov. However, if you look around, the £376 is available quite regularly. The way I did it was to look on last minute.com who give prices for the month. I checked out their best prices, then looked on NetFlights and WestEast Travel to get an even better price.

Points 48; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

richard wrote: JG

Couldn't your friend have tried to swing it blaming the mistake on the travel company?

Had friends over recently and the ticket said Lyn but her passport said Rosalind. Cost them 30 minutes trying to sort it but eventually won through.

Have heard of cases where the immigration database has your name wrong way round and that has caused total confusion. That was someone leaving Thailand and then returning
e decided
Yes that was the gamble, goto the airport and risk him getting sent home. We decided to reluctantly buy a new ticket, after spending hours trying to get Oman to change the surname without any joy.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
richard wrote: JG

e decided
Yes that was the gamble, goto the airport and risk him getting sent home. We decided to reluctantly buy a new ticket, after spending hours trying to get Oman to change the surname without any joy.
That should have read the christian/forename
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just checked my e-ticket as a precaution, and everything is OK :D

One further good point that I've just noticed is that the baggage allowance is 30Kg per passenger on each leg of the journey.

Points 48; Position 18
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

:shock: ...and if you could pass for a student travelling from India then it would be a much more generous 40 kg !!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Just did some checking for flights in sep and nov. Both were nearly £700 inc taxes!!!!
Its cheaper using etihad where prices are around the £500 mark for the same dates...
www.35mmview.com