Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: VIP Bus Suvarnabhum - Hua Hin

Post by oakdale160 »

website---BELL
PGS

Post by PGS »

HHTel wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 am I'm assuming you're talking about the airport bus that used to operate just south of the town. It's still operating but from their new location close to Hua Hin airport. You can book online. This is their website:

http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/V2/
Yes, thats the one I am talking about. Thank you for information.
A pity that it doesnt run all the way to HH centre.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

PGS wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 pmA pity that it doesnt run all the way to HH centre.
They provide a shuttle service to your accommodation, which I think can be free or up to 100 baht. I live about 30 minutes drive away SW of Hua Hin and they charge me 200 baht. A taxi charges 400-500.
Talk is cheap
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

PGS wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 pmA pity that it doesnt run all the way to HH centre.
Assuming you don't have too much luggage; you can also walk from the bus station to the airport entrance (make sure it's the main civilian entrance where the baht busses do the u-turn on Petchkasem) and wait for a green baht bus which will take you to the Night Market and then all the way to the Khao Takiab police box which is right at the South end of Hua Hin beach.

I took the Suvarnabhumi airport bus on Saturday. Excellent service and far better than sitting watching a taxi driver drive badly for 3+ hours.... Although my taxi from Khao Takiab to the H.H. bus station cost more than the bus.....

:cheers:
GN.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Post by caller »

Has anyone used Bells website recently?.

I am looking at availability to and from swampy and they used to have a column that would tell you how many seats were still available for each service and for some reason, they seem to have done away with that now.

Or have they moved it and I just can't find it? I went through the process of booking yesterday and got to the stage of having to pay for my seat, without even knowing of there was a seat available, which seems a bit odd.

http://www.belltravelservice.com/
Talk is cheap
matador
Rookie
Rookie

Post by matador »

caller wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:35 pm Has anyone used Bells website recently?.

I am looking at availability to and from swampy and they used to have a column that would tell you how many seats were still available for each service and for some reason, they seem to have done away with that now.

Or have they moved it and I just can't find it? I went through the process of booking yesterday and got to the stage of having to pay for my seat, without even knowing of there was a seat available, which seems a bit odd.

http://www.belltravelservice.com/
I believe they changed it. Was nice to see how many seats left before you booked.

I booked a seat for a friend this past weekend, you can pick your seat *after* payment.
I supposed if you got through booking part, then it means a seat was available.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

matador wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 pmI believe they changed it. Was nice to see how many seats left before you booked.

I booked a seat for a friend this past weekend, you can pick your seat *after* payment.
I supposed if you got through booking part, then it means a seat was available.
I appreciate your feedback - thanks.

I just booked a seat and as you say, you pay up front now and a good addition is the ability to select your seat once you have paid.

It also gives you the option of changing your trip, I have no idea if you are automatically redirected to this if your original choice is not available?

But if a group wanted to travel, I think the old system would make life a lot easier. I can't uderstand why they can't still show how many seats are available before you book? If they did that, their booking system would be perfect.
Talk is cheap
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

caller wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:15 pm I just booked a seat and as you say, you pay up front now and a good addition is the ability to select your seat once you have paid.
I may try them as I was scared silly by a maniac Sombat Tours driver earlier this year. I swear he was on something. He was shouting and laughing at someone on his phone for around an hour after leaving HH and his driving was F1 style. Quick journey though. :)

Does the Bell coach only go to the airport or any other Bangkok destination? I only ask because Bangkok City is shown as a destination on their booking form, but no service comes up.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There are no intermediate stops. When the bus is nearly there it stops at a toll booth that is right opposite the IKEA store, it would be nice if you could get off and later reload there but it is tightly fenced off.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

404cameljockey wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:07 am Does the Bell coach only go to the airport or any other Bangkok destination? I only ask because Bangkok City is shown as a destination on their booking form, but no service comes up.
I know it popsup in their drop down menu, but when you go further doen the home page, it only shows HH to the airport and Patts.

But a different compnay go from the bus station at 96 to Mo Chit, there will be a thread about this on the same sub section here, sorry no time to look at the moment.

I travelled from HH to the airport earlier and it took 3 hours, which was great, then on the airport link for a few stops and a short taxi ride and the total travel time from HH was 4 hours.
Talk is cheap
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

I use the airport VIP bus regularly.They also have a service direct to Pattaya,i am told it takes approximately 5 hours,no stops.
Normally i take the 9,00am bus and 85% of the time its 3.5 hours.
However,i will mention that recently on a friday the bus was travelling along as normal,however,before reaching Samut Songkran the heavens opened,and as expected the traffic came to a virtual standstill.
The driver chose not to go towards the Bang Na toll,and instead went into towards the city and the port,,,,,it eventually took 6hours and 10 minutes,,4 unlucky passengers were booked on a flight with Jetstar,which they missed.
Its a great service,but be wary the traffic in Thailand can cause a major headache in more ways that one!!
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Thistle wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:52 pm I,,,,it eventually took 6hours and 10 minutes,,4 unlucky passengers were booked on a flight with Jetstar,which they missed.
Its a great service,but be wary the traffic in Thailand can cause a major headache in more ways that one!!
Which is why I always book a room at a budget airport hotel for either overnight use, or for day use before a night flight.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^ me too,I don't have the nerve anymore,and start stress to much.

:cheers: :cheers:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Being a bit lazy, can I ask what is a rate now (or just post Songkran) for a budget airport hotel? I usually stay at a nice hotel less than a two minute walk from Asok Skytrain at around 1500-1600 Baht but am interested in useful airport options.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Last time I was in the Regent Suvarnabhumi Hotel for less than 800 Baht including free transfer from and to the Airport. Room was simple but quiet.