Bravofly on-line travel bookings

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Irish big-kev

Bravofly on-line travel bookings

Post by Irish big-kev »

Hi,
Anyone booked any flights via Bravofly?.
It's a Swiss based on-line travel web offering good flight travel.
Any reviews or feedback.
Looking at booking a Sydney-Bangkok flight via that website.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Re: Bravofly on-line travel bookings

Post by Chromeman »

I have never used them, but I would advise you to run a similar flight search in multiple flight search sites to compare since there could be a lot to save doing so. Also remember that if you find one site who has the lowest price at one time, it might be the most expensive one 1 hour later!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I just used about 20 search engines to search for air fares for an upcoming trip to the U.S. and got by far the lowest air fare price from Kayak than I could find using other search engines directly (like Expedia). Oddly enough the lowest fare was on Delta and Kayak sent me to the Delta Airlines web site itself to book the flights.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

hhfarang wrote:I just used about 20 search engines to search for air fares for an upcoming trip to the U.S. and got by far the lowest air fare price from Kayak than I could find using other search engines directly (like Expedia). Oddly enough the lowest fare was on Delta and Kayak sent me to the Delta Airlines web site itself to book the flights.
\
Hmmm ... Back in the day Kayak was the best but in recent years I've always found better fares from the airline sites. I use Kayak to get get a general idea of fares. I use ITA for detailed searching. Never heard of them? Google bought them so they must be doing something right.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

If you're looking for a overview of all the ways to get from here to there, check out http://rome2rio.com/
Irish big-kev

Post by Irish big-kev »

Thanks guy's

I need something flying out of Australia, that's why I'm not sure as to use an international search engine like Bravofly.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Homer wrote:
hhfarang wrote:I just used about 20 search engines to search for air fares for an upcoming trip to the U.S. and got by far the lowest air fare price from Kayak than I could find using other search engines directly (like Expedia). Oddly enough the lowest fare was on Delta and Kayak sent me to the Delta Airlines web site itself to book the flights.
\
Hmmm ... Back in the day Kayak was the best but in recent years I've always found better fares from the airline sites. I use Kayak to get get a general idea of fares. I use ITA for detailed searching. Never heard of them? Google bought them so they must be doing something right.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

If you're looking for a overview of all the ways to get from here to there, check out http://rome2rio.com/
I just used matrix.itasoftware.com/ to search for the same itinerary that I booked yesterday using Kayak/Delta and the best result it gave me today was exactly what I booked yesterday (Delta, same dates, times, and flights) but was $2 higher than booking it using Kayak yesterday. I didn't try it but I assume if I did it on Kayak today it would also be $2 higher so I think Kayak still finds the lowest fares.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

hhfarang wrote:I just used matrix.itasoftware.com/ to search for the same itinerary that I booked yesterday using Kayak/Delta and the best result it gave me today was exactly what I booked yesterday (Delta, same dates, times, and flights) but was $2 higher than booking it using Kayak yesterday. I didn't try it but I assume if I did it on Kayak today it would also be $2 higher so I think Kayak still finds the lowest fares.
Perhaps some or all of our choices of airline, route, ticket class, purchase lead time, etc. affect whether Kayak has the same or higher prices than the airline. I haven't flown delta since 2004.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I let Kayak chose the airlines. I used a very simple open search specifying origin, destination, cheapest fare and gave it dates but allowed it to modify those up to +/-3 days. It came back with several pages of results but Delta was the cheapest.

The thing I like about Kayak is that you can set up fare alerts for an itinerary if you're not ready to book and it will alert you with any lower fares if they go down, plus they have a predictor that tells you if they think the price is likely to rise or fall before the travel date and the percentage of confidence in that prediction. Mine said it was 76% likely to drop but I booked anyway as the missus was pushing me to let our daughter know the dates and times for pickup and so that she can ask for time off from work. I'll keep an eye on it from time to time and see if the price does drop (just to make myself feel stupid!).