Emirates flight charges to BKK

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Re: Emirates flight charges to BKK

Post by Gus »

Etihad are also 10 seats across on the 777.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: RE: Re: Emirates flight charges to BKK

Post by Ralfredo »

Gus wrote:Etihad are also 10 seats across on the 777.
Aren't most airlines ten seats in economy/coach on wide body?
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

buksida wrote:In an effort to beat the competition all of these airlines now seem to be offering super economy tickets with absolutely no extras. So they'll rape you if you want to select a seat in advance, increase your baggage or change the flight dates. The next level up "economy flex" or whatever they call it can also stick a chunk onto the price so they get you either way.
It's not just economy where they get you. Last year the wife went back to Scotland from here in the middle east to see family, so we had her in Etihad business class into London and then BA London to Aberdeen return. On the return from Scotland the BA flight to London was delayed by 5 hours, so she missed her connection in London with the Etihad flight and had to rebook for the next day, for which they clipped her for £750.00, plus she had to pay £150.00 to stay overnight at one of the hotels near Thiefrow.

Obviously as it wasn't a "through ticket" on the same airline, both BA and Etihad denied responsibility for her missing the connection in London, just tough sh*t on us :cuss:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

aragon wrote:Obviously as it wasn't a "through ticket" on the same airline, both BA and Etihad denied responsibility for her missing the connection in London, just tough sh*t on us :cuss:
Probably because neither airline was responsible. Having to pay for a missed connection has happened to enough people that googling returns various sites laying out what one's rights are - and what is one's pile of poo.

There are several strategies to avoid or greatly reduce the probability of paying for a missed connecting flight: Nonstop, through booking, plan an overnight stay between flights, buy a refundable ticket for the connecting flight. Seems most buy the least expensive non-through booking and hope for the best.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

buksida wrote:In an effort to beat the competition all of these airlines now seem to be offering super economy tickets with absolutely no extras. So they'll rape you if you want to select a seat in advance, increase your baggage or change the flight dates. The next level up "economy flex" or whatever they call it can also stick a chunk onto the price so they get you either way.
Another way to view it is airlines let people decide if paying more for non-essentials is worth it. Some are content with no-frills. That's OK with the airline. Some value comfort and convenience and will pay for it. Also OK with the airline. Some complain about having to pay for the comfort and convenience. Also OK with the airline whether those choose to pay or go no-frills. An airline can't 'get' or 'rape' a customer who voluntarily buys a ticket.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I tried to give thirteen days notice to change my wifes return date not a missed connection. The £485 rebooking fee and ticket price is because i had just purchased the normal economy class. Byers beware.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Tried all the airlines flying back to the UK. Can't really complain about any of them but always feel like the leg room is not enough for me because I am 6 foot tall. Just can't justify paying for a business class ticket and find the economy deluxe is marginally better but costs double. Flew EVA Air recently and they have by far the most legroom and most comfortable seats in economy. They are also 9 seats across on the 777 and all the others are 10 seats across.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

heartofmidlothian wrote:Tried all the airlines flying back to the UK. Can't really complain about any of them but always feel like the leg room is not enough for me because I am 6 foot tall. Just can't justify paying for a business class ticket and find the economy deluxe is marginally better but costs double. Flew EVA Air recently and they have by far the most legroom and most comfortable seats in economy. They are also 9 seats across on the 777 and all the others are 10 seats across.
Just found the same on JAL to the states. Usually go premium economy, but last minute changes put us in economy. No complaints though, also 6' and plenty of room even with seat in front of me reclined
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.