Flights to/from Thailand status, news, and updates

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Flight to Thailand bargains

Post by bsdk1960 »

I have use Aeroflot a couple of time from Copenhagen to Bangkok in the last 10 years,and they were fine,not better or worse than so many others imo.The price was 17.000 and 20.000 baht and the food was standard ,the only thing is you can't get any alcohol at all ,so that could be a problem for some people ,I like a glas of wine to the food and maybe a cognac to the coffe,but can live without to that price.
I go for the best price and prefer direct,but that is only Thai and Norwegian that does that from Coenhagen ,and I often go near Songkran and easter so no cheap ticket there,its easier to get them near high season,but thats maybe there is more competition at that time.
I have try Tyrkish Airlines one time and that was ok to ,but didn't like the airport in Istanbul,but will use them again if the price and connection fits me.
Have a safe trip whoever you use.

:cheers: :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Has anyone noticed that the price of a one way is almost the same as a return?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:00 pm
Gregjam wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 am I know someone who recently flew with Turkish Airlines in business class and was impressed both with the planes and the lounge in Turkey. No idea about cattle class though which most of us have to suffer.
I could not agree less with this statement. I have flown business with Turkish and think it is one of the worst around. wide seats but no full reclining seats, lounge crowded and poorly furnished. In flight service just average. But like someone else said you get what you pay for. You could always try a Chinese airline if you want cheap and not so good
Did you 2 fly the same types and versions of planes? With the same seating configurations? Also, it's common for airlines to change interiors between their first batch ordered of a plane and the most recent batch. In short, how the bleep do you know if the seats, and what they weren't surrounded by, weren't substantially different?

Two reasons you could have different experiences of the same lounge. First is the more lounges across more years one has visited, the more likely you've seen a wide range of quality. One passengers 'well done' is another's 'well, it's better than flying economy'. Other reason is airlines periodically redo their business lounges. Before and after change can be substantial.
Airlines periodically redo their business lounges.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

buksida wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:26 pm Has anyone noticed that the price of a one way is almost the same as a return?
It's always been like that but a couple of times in recent years I've had to buy a single ticket due to changed plans and both times I got a good deal with Indian based airlines for flights from Bangkok to the UK.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That + the generous baggage allowance is why we used JET when we moved to Thailand.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Kraka's Dad wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:20 pm Hi does anyone have any recent experience with Turkish airlines? They have some good prices on business class at the moment.
Tripadvisor has a thread with 209 posts about dealing with Turkish airlines after they lost your bags.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g ... ravel.html
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

any recommendations about flights from North America across the Pacific to Thailand
buksida

Post by buksida »

Anyone flown with Jet Airways? They're currently the best deal from LHR to BKK, with 2 hours in Bombay.

Eva is a bit more but is direct, checked skyscanner and there are loads of different prices for the same flight. Are the booking sites all the same or any to be avoided?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

buksida wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:17 pmAnyone flown with Jet Airways? They're currently the best deal from LHR to BKK, with 2 hours in Bombay.

Eva is a bit more but is direct, checked skyscanner and there are loads of different prices for the same flight. Are the booking sites all the same or any to be avoided?
Which dates are the trip? One way or return? Regarding booking sites I try to avoid them and book directly with the airline. If anything goes wrong like delays, cancellations, change of schedule or whatever, it can be a nightmare to have to deal with a third party that may or may not have a customer support available when you need them.

Sorry but I have no experience with Jet Airways.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Jet are fine + a decent baggage allowance. I used them when I moved here, and my brother came over last week using them. Only problem was arrival in BKK, which was too late for the last airport bus.

Brother said food and entertainment was fine, and the alcohol was flowing.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

friends from canada coming in sept $C 880 (550 pounds) RT, Change in Shanghai.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ralfredo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm Which dates are the trip? One way or return? Regarding booking sites I try to avoid them and book directly with the airline. If anything goes wrong like delays, cancellations, change of schedule or whatever, it can be a nightmare to have to deal with a third party that may or may not have a customer support available when you need them.
End of Sept, one way. Good point on the booking direct, it is only a little more. The flight on Jet is 265 GBP arriving 0700. Eva is 372 direct landing at 1500. So save 4,600 THB for 2 hours in India.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

the online booking sites are no longer the way to go. they all offer the same deals and you can get them thru the airlines, also they do not list ALL the airlines. My last trip i looked at the best deals I could find online, went into a travel agent here and said, beat this. They couldn't, they were 1% more expensive. Also, if you want to go, "sometime in Oct" and want to know which day is the cheapest, it can take hours to find out.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

oakdale160 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:36 pm My last trip i looked at the best deals I could find online, went into a travel agent here and said, beat this. They couldn't, they were 1% more expensive.
An extra 1% to have someone do all the legwork for you doesn't sound too bad to me. $5 or $6?
This is the way
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

buksida wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:23 pm
Ralfredo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm Which dates are the trip? One way or return? Regarding booking sites I try to avoid them and book directly with the airline. If anything goes wrong like delays, cancellations, change of schedule or whatever, it can be a nightmare to have to deal with a third party that may or may not have a customer support available when you need them.
End of Sept, one way. Good point on the booking direct, it is only a little more. The flight on Jet is 265 GBP arriving 0700. Eva is 372 direct landing at 1500. So save 4,600 THB for 2 hours in India.
I've been through India quite a few times and they have some great deals at the airports with free flow beer and buffets and stuff like that for very reasonable amounts of money, they're much more fun than those dour places in the middle east.