Flying Low: Thailand has 4 of the least safe airlines in the world

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
buksida

Flying Low: Thailand has 4 of the least safe airlines in the world

Post by buksida »

It’s well-known that Thailand’s airlines have frequent issues, and a new rating report has confirmed that four Thai airlines rank among the lowest in the world, in terms of safety.

The website AirlineRatings.com has released their annual survey that awarded 407 airlines around the world with star ratings, from one to seven. A one-star rating is the lowest and a seven-star rating is the highest. The airlines are rated based on a slew of factors related to safety.

148 airlines won the coveted seven-star rating and Australian carrier Qantas was named the safest airline in the world for the third year running.
However, 50 didn’t do so well and earned three stars or less.

In Thailand, Nok Air got a two-star rating, the lowest of all the Thai carriers. AirAsia Thailand, Bangkok Airways and Orient Thai Airlines did only slightly better with three stars each.
Thai Airways (and their subsidiary Thai Smile) and Thai Lion were the Thai “winners” with just four out of seven stars.

The stars are given out based on many factors that include crash records, safe landings, certifications, inclusion on international aviation blacklists and more.

Source: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/26/f ... ines-world
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: Flying Low: Thailand has 4 of the least safe airlines in the world

Post by Big Boy »

I looked for Kan Air, which in my opinion is the best internal airline I've flown anywhere in the world. They didn't feature.

I went on to check Bangkok Airways, which again in my opinion falls behind Kan Air, and I see their Product Rating was 5/5. As a passenger it's Product Rating that I make my judgement on - the Safety Rating is a hidden feature for me - I looked it up, and I'm still no wiser.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Flying Low: Thailand has 4 of the least safe airlines in the world

Post by oakdale160 »

We have great Ads and beautiful flight attendants in sexy uniforms. What more do you want. You farang are SO picky. And what is the meaning of this word that you use all the time ---Maintenance??