Airport Transit Question__Different airlines.

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Airport Transit Question__Different airlines.

Post by sateeb »

Hi All,

I've got a flight booked with Emirates BKK to Amsterdam then KLM to the UK 4 hours later without checked baggage!!

Will I be able to transit or do I have to go through Immigration and re-check in for the UK sector?
Hopefully I will have already checked in on line.

Cheers.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: Airport Transit Question__Different airlines.

Post by Thistle »

I believe you may have to go through immigration and re-check-in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,however,there are many many transit desks at Schipol when you arrive.Suggest you visit one of them before exiting,generally they are extremely helpful and i am sure they will point you in the right direction.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I am pretty sure you can stay airside. If you cannot get a boarding pass for the onward flight when you check in then you should be able to either get one at the transfer desk in Schipol or do it online.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Thanks guys,
As I said, I'll be able to online check in for the UK sector and head for the KLM transfer desk on arrival.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

In January I travelled from Edinburgh to Amsterdam with KLM and then Amsterdam to Bangkok with Eva Air. I also had no checked baggage. I checked in online for both flights and printed out my boarding cards for both flights. No need to go through immigration and re check in.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Many thanks H.O.M.

― George Carlin