Wisdom Airways eyes Kan Air routes

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Big Boy

Wisdom Airways eyes Kan Air routes

Post by Big Boy »

A new commuter airline is emerging to fill the void for inter-provincial flights from Chiang Mai left when Kan Air ceased operations. Wisdom Airways is scheduled to take to the skies on Dec 1 this year year with regular flights initially on four routes in the northern region out of its base at Chiang Mai airport.

The new airline is leasing two single-engine Cessna Grand Caravan 208Bs, each with 12 passenger seats, from the US to commence its operation. In its second year, the airline intends to add a third aircraft with longer range and capacity, the de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, to support its growth plan.

Full story: Bangkok Post

Thoughts................ I miss the Kan Air flights, so this is potentially good news. However, I have my doubts about the aircraft types. My memories of the Twin Otter were with Brymon Airways. A small bone shaker back in those days, which I'd be surprised if it had the range.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Wisdom Airways eyes Kan Air routes

Post by Nereus »

the de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, to support its growth plan.
Nothing wrong with a Twin Otter. Usually called a "Twoter" by those that use them. Last Antarctic winter it was the only aircraft that could be used for a Medivac out of there. Standard range is around 1,400 km / 700 nm.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Re: Wisdom Airways eyes Kan Air routes

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I think the planes I've flown in were old stock, which were pre-Dash 7 and Dash 8. I'm sure the only similarity will be in the name.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18