Pet shop that sells mice (other than soi 39)

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Pet shop that sells mice (other than soi 39)

Post by HHCanuck »

I regularly purchase feeder mice from the pet shop on soi 39 however they are short of sizes I require. Does anyone know of another pet shop that sells rodents in HH?

Thanks
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Re: Pet shop that sells mice (other than soi 39)

Post by Frank Hovis »

When you say 'feeder' mice ... you mean mice to feed to your snake, owl, hawk, cat whatever?
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

Frank Hovis wrote:When you say 'feeder' mice ... you mean mice to feed to your snake, owl, hawk, cat whatever?
Yes
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

There's always very small hamsters available at the Grand Market.

I don't know if they are dwarf hamsters or not but they appear to be very young, three or four weeks at most.

If they are too big you could consider setting up your own colony and harvesting them at a younger age maybe.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

If you don't mind me asking, what type of animal are you feeding?

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

Frank Hovis wrote:There's always very small hamsters available at the Grand Market.

I don't know if they are dwarf hamsters or not but they appear to be very young, three or four weeks at most.

If they are too big you could consider setting up your own colony and harvesting them at a younger age maybe.
I prefer not to raise rodents if I can purchase them. I normally buy them from Bangkok frozen in packs however I have a particular juvenile snake (answers Takiap's question) that is a bit fussy ATM. Hopefully it will come around to frozen thawed mice in the near future.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I've read that a few times; some snakes have a real problem switching to (relatively)cold, dead food instead of the (relatively)hot and mobile natural food.

I'm afraid I don't know anywhere else that sells small rodents, sorry.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

I had a seven foot boa constrictor for many years in my classroom and used to have my students ( many lived on farms and had chickens) bring in chicks that didnt make it. Used to warm the dead chick up on a lightbulb . . just enough to set off the snake's heat sensors.. .and move it around in front of the hungry snake. It had no problem making a meal of these. I had a problem once when I was distracted while dangling the warmed up dead chick in front of the snake. It grabbed my hand instead . .to the horror of my students who despite my attempts at explaining that not all snakes are poisonous, thought I would die on the spot. I just pried its teeth loose, cleaned up a bit and carried on feeding. . .a bit more carefully I might add.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

Frank Hovis wrote:I've read that a few times; some snakes have a real problem switching to (relatively)cold, dead food instead of the (relatively)hot and mobile natural food.

I'm afraid I don't know anywhere else that sells small rodents, sorry.
My particular fussy snake (Juvenile Green Tree Python) will not even eat freshly killed mice. I don't like feeding live mice to snakes luckily these mice are babies so can't injure the snake.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

While in Bangkok today I stopped at JJ market to stock up on mice. Lo and behold I tried feeding my fussy snake a thawed mouse and it ate. :-)