Algae cleaner and Algae eating fish for fish tank

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
dvolante9

Algae cleaner and Algae eating fish for fish tank

Post by dvolante9 »

Hello all I am looking for a shop that sells algae cleaner for fish tanks because my filter stopped working properly and I had an algaeal bloom. I'm also looking for a place that sells algae eating fish so that it can help with this in the future. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!
dvolante9

Re: Algae cleaner and Algae eating fish for fish tank

Post by dvolante9 »

Also if you could tell me the name of the product or attach a pic of one that would be greatly appreciated
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Won't a UV lamp do that. I've never had an aquarium, but I used an inline UV lamp to kill the algae going circulating through my fish pond.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

MA Plus Algae Control. Green plastic bottle. Photo coming in a bit. Pete

EDIT: Ok, here's the photo. Read the instructions carefully. The way it controls the algae is to cut the oxygen in the water. Use too much and you'll have gasping fish. Very clear measurement instructions on the back of the bottle.
9118_n.jpg
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I forgot to mention that the above product tends to separate with a clay like sticky substance forming in the bottom of the bottle. No amount of shaking will dislodge it and you'll end up using all the liquid with this clay type stuff still in the bottom, which is an integral part of the chemical formula to kill the algae. Get a wooden chopstick and each time you use it dislodge and stir up what is in the bottom of the bottle before you dispense it. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Whilst you fills are on this subject, I'm looking to buy a fish tank for the house and some tropical dish to go with it.

Any recommendations on where to go for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk