Transportation?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Missoula
Novice
Novice

Transportation?

Post by Missoula »

Have been all over Thailand, except for some reason, HH. We're going to fix that this year (December 2005 - January 2006). Can anyone please advise the best way to get from Bangkok to HH and back? And, what form of transporation is available in HH? (i.e., Pattaya-like trucks, Tuk Tuk, etc.). Thanks in advance!!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Many ways to get here.
Train from Hualampong takes about 4 hours. Air con buses leave the southern bus terminal regularly and take around 3 hours. Air con minibuses leave victory monument regularly and take 2.5 hours. Then there are taxis. Negotiate price with them beforehand.
HH isn't all that big and the central area can be done on foot. Alternatively, there are motorcycle taxis, tuk tuks and songthaews for longer journeys.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Your options to get to Hua Hin are
Taxi from the airport - about 2,000 baht 2,5-3 hours
Bus from the southern bus station - 128 baht - 3-4 hours
Train from Hua Lamphon Station - aoub 100 baht - 5 hours
I'd suggest taking a taxi
We don't have Pattaya style baht buses here (except going to Khao Takiap area). Tuk Tuks are available as are bicycle rikshaws and motorbike taxis. Most of the down town area is very compact though so if you stay there, you can walk to most of the places.
dan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dan »

I agree with Bamboo.......the taxi is the way to go. I know that Eva Air has a fairly good deal out of Seattle but I've only used Northwest Airlines which flies from many west coast cities with a stop in Tokyo. The flight out of Seattle via Tokyo on Northwest Airlines arrives at 11:30 pm.....a perfect time to drive down to HH as there is very little traffic at that time of night. Even with a pit stop to get some coffee and stretch the legs the time is under 2.5 hrs. I have a couple of drivers I frequently use to pick me up at the airport....they are both reliable, honest, on time & safety conscious and all for only 2000 baht .....get back to me in dec. and I'll send you their phone numbers

by the way, is the Mammoth Bakery still open in Missoula.....ate 2 very large breakfasts there one morning as i bicycled in from Helena and was headed up Lolo Pass....quite a climb as i recall but 95 miles downhill on the other side!
suzannejames
Amateur
Amateur

Montana

Post by suzannejames »

Hello :D

Off-topic, but HELLO to a neighbor from Missoula. I am a Bozeman-ite now living in Hua Hin.

:thumb: