Bangkok to Hua Hin and Pattaya to Hua Hin

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
maimeepom
Rookie
Rookie

pattaya hua hin ferry

Post by maimeepom »

I was in Hua Hin in 1989, and the hydrofoil ferry had just finished.

It was quite a large ferry, and plied up the river from Bangkok to Pattaya, and than onwards to Hua Hin, before then returning to Bangkok.
Friends told me the Journey up the river was superb, with a great view of the temple , famous for the nesting storks.

The route was not profitable, as there very few farangs in Hua Hin then.
The only form of entertainment was was the Thai "singasong" Friendship restaurant opposite the post office.
(some good times were had there)

Once the Hilton Hotel was constructed, then the first bars appeared along side.
Just about this time, a big chunk of old Hua Hin burnt down , which made way for most of the new hotels and shops we have now.
(opposite the Jed Pee Nong hotels)

The hydrofoil was relocated down South, and operated from the Similan Islands to Phuket, and onwards to Lankawi in Malaisia.

I think the venture , was just alittle ahead of it's time, and would do quite well now.
PeteC

Re: pattaya hua hin ferry

Post by PeteC »

maimeepom wrote:I was in Hua Hin in 1989, and the hydrofoil ferry had just finished.

It was quite a large ferry, and plied up the river from Bangkok to Pattaya, and than onwards to Hua Hin, before then returning to Bangkok.
Friends told me the Journey up the river was superb, with a great view of the temple , famous for the nesting storks.
It almost sounds as if you mean Ayutthaya and not Pattaya? No way to get from HH or Bangkok to Pattaya via river. Pete
maimeepom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maimeepom »

hi pete,

sorry i did not make myself clear,

my friend capt picot , an ex navy and uk ferry capt, took the journey a number of times. (he was based in phuket)
he is now 92, and i have just confirmed with him that the details are correct.

he told me you boarded the ferry in BKK, and went via the estuary to pattaya.
then straight accross the gulf to , to hua hin.

i am not sure if it went back via pattaya or direct to BKK.

i remember seing the ferry in pattaya, and advertised in hua hin.

chok dee
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

I can second that. I took a space ferry which took me to Chiang Mai via Mogadishu and then dropped me at Johnnie Walkers bar in Soi Selakarm. The amzaing thing was that the round trip only cost me 32 Satang. I would reccomend this service to anybody.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Bet Mogadishu was good fun :D